Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is committed to continually evolving and improving our practices to earn customer trust in how we handle their data. In doing so, we can innovate and create data-driven opportunities and solutions that are beneficial to customers and consumers.
The Corporate Counsel, Data Use will be part of the global Data Protection, Use & Ethics Legal team and will work closely with product and business teams, including Data Privacy & Governance, Data Ethics and Security toimplement data use projects and initiatives in compliance with global privacy laws and data use related regulations. The Counsel will help to develop strategies and initiatives to engage with key stakeholders and raise awareness of data privacy and responsible data use across the company.
This position will be based in Autodesk’s San Francisco Office and report to the Senior Manager, Senior Privacy & Data Use Counsel.
- Research and track global privacy, AI/ML, and data use related legislation, evolving regulations, and enforcement and translate that into clear, concise, and actionable guidance
- Provide legal advice and support development of company-wide policies, standards, guidelines, and operational processes to enable responsible data use
- Support privacy and governance review of new data collection and use projects and initiatives
- Provide counsel and support cross-functional projects aimed to standardize data collection and data use practices at Autodesk as part of our corporate platform strategy
- Review data collection practices in desktop, cloud, mobile products, and on our web properties, and perform PIAs/DPIAs as needed
- Provide guidance to legal and product management teams on issues pertaining to the use of data in new and existing products/features throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Review the use of third parties collecting and/or processing data on behalf of Autodesk
- Support development of company-wide policies, standards, guidelines, and operational processes related to AI/ML development and deployment
- Contribute to the development and implementation of customer-facing terms and guidelines
- Proactively partner with members of the legal team and data privacy & governance to ensure Autodesk’s compliance with laws, regulations, customer and vendor contracts
- Contribute to the development of self-help resources and training materials for business teams and our Legal Department (incl. data use playbooks, checklists, etc.)
- JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school; member in good standing in at least one U.S. state bar
- Minimum of 5 years in-house experience at a technology company with a global reach or related experience at a law firm
- Expertise and experience in the area of enterprise data use, data analytics, privacy and data governance, product development, and technology transactions
- An in-depth knowledge of cloud services, AI/ML development, data lifecycle management, risk management methodologies, and intellectual property would be beneficial
- Experience providing legal support for businesses or programs with multiple stakeholders
- Superior business acumen, with proven ability to use business context to come up with pragmatic solutions that achieve corporate objectives while mitigating legal risk
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, applying good judgment in identifying issues that need to be escalated
- Intellectual curiosity, solid sense of humor, humility, and team-player working style
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.