Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As engineering leader of the APIs team, your mission will be to productionize our APIs to be exceptionally performant, usable and extendable. You and your product manager will lead a team of engineers to accomplish this mission. The APIs team will own the tier 1 core APIs the all ACS products depend on. Projects, users, accounts, entitlements, and more are our most critical data sets at ACS. This team will have some of the largest reach and impact in the organization.
You need to obsess over the scalability of our enterprise customers workflows. We have customers with hundreds of projects with thousands of users on each account. These users can span companies, roles and responsibilities with such variance that managing their usage and features can be very cumbersome for administrators. We aim to make this experience frictionless and reliable, enabling users to have the tools and information they need.
- Manage a diverse engineering team of backend developers
- Collaborate closely with your Product counterpart to define success metrics for your team. Define, scope and deliver functionality which enables key end-user workflows
- Guide the implementation of individual components and features with an emphasis on producing high quality, reusable software through use of test-driven development and other sound software engineering practices
- Collaborate with other product teams across ACS to ensure commitments are met
- Drive process & culture improvements within your team
- Recruit and develop team members – guiding their growth through participation in software design reviews and code reviews, as well as through performance coaching and direct feedback. Help engineers on the team navigate their personal and professional growth at Autodesk
- Foster an environment that combines debate, collaboration, honesty, and a strong focus on results
- BS or MS in a technical field, or significant equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience leading high performing teams and delivering enterprise level software
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills and aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing/designing highly performant APIs or middleware components a plus
- Are a crystal clear communicator in verbal and written form
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.