Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As a key member of Autodesk’s Legal Department, this role will be the lead lawyer responsible to support Autodesk with overall responsibility for legal matters in ASEAN countries, based in Singapore or Kuala Lumpur. This includes general legal support such as employment matters, commercial transactions, disputes and litigation, compliance and trainings and support for ASEAN countries.
In these capacities, this role will be a member of the Management Team for ASEAN.
By collaborating across teams within a matrixed environment, involving subject-matter experts as needed, this role will promote compliance and ensure transparency, timely decisions and balanced risk management.
- Is the Lead lawyer advising on all legal matters in ASEAN, providing legal support to internal stakeholders from Sales, HR, Procurement, Facilities, Finance, Tax functions etc
- Provides legal support for License compliance related activities in ASEAN, including managing outside counsels and Business Software Alliance (BSA) matters
- Advises on policies and procedures, regulatory matters as well as data use and data protection, working with subject-matter experts in these areas
- In collaboration with Autodesk’s Compliance and Litigation Group, develops relevant training materials and presents to sales staff; implements annual training plan for internal stakeholders
- Provides transactional support for non-standard sales situations in any commercial transactions in ASEAN
- Identifies finance, operational or revenue accounting issues and liaises with the relevant functional groups (including Tax, Finance, Revenue Accounting, Global Sales and Success Operations) to resolve these issues
- Identifies and manages actual and potential disputes and litigation in collaboration with Autodesk’s Compliance and Litigation Group
- Provides employment law support to our HR teams in ASEAN, including employment policies and contentious matters in ASEAN
- Provides general commercial legal advice for ASEAN; monitors and advises on legal developments
- Reports into the Head of Legal for APAC (based in Singapore) and may be involved in regional legal matters or projects when assigned
- Law degree in Singapore or a commonwealth jurisdiction
- Qualification to practice law in Singapore or a commonwealth jurisdiction with at least 10 years post-qualification experience, preferably in the IT industry and familiarity with being the sole counsel for US headquartered software companies
- Strong experience in supporting direct and indirect sales to government entities, responding to RFPs, RFIs and knowledge in handling risks in governing transactions
- In-depth practical experience in, and comfortable advising on employment matters in-house
- Familiarity with privacy and software licensing issues
- Clear, concise written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact comfortably with senior leaders
- Additional language skills: Bahasa Malayu preferred
- Demonstrated experience working independently and managing multiple projects at once to meet deadlines
- Collaborates well in cross-functional, global diverse teams dealing with matrixed issues
- Sound and practical legal judgment to help business solutions in fast-paced environment
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.