Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join a data team within Data Platform & Services (DPS). You will be working with Autodesk Data Platform Product Analytics (ADPPA), Product Data Capture team. This is a great opportunity to join a team that delivers both internal and customer facing applications and services that provide the data collection needs of all data scientists, data analysts and data engineers throughout the organization. You will have the opportunity to understand the entire data platform from product instrumentation through to business analytics, machine learning, and data-driven products.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be joining an incredibly talented and seasoned engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work with many new and exciting technologies and frameworks used in our data platform.
We are looking for people who are as excited about data technology as we are. You can be part of improving quality of our products across all aspects of our core data platform and see your work drive the business.
- Break down a large problem into smaller components and provide a clear solution for each piece
- Recommend appropriate technologies to be used to achieve productivity and efficiency
- Design and build reusable components, libraries, and tools for web to instrument and ingest product data effectively
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and other stakeholders to deliver features according to agreed scope and schedule
- Collaborate with QA engineers to define software testing strategy
- Ensure the quality, performance, and compatibility of the product using test automation
- Promote and accelerate the usage and integration of our component by conducting training sessions, providing support, writing clear product documentation, and troubleshooting issues
- Provide guides and direction to other engineers on development processes and product architecture
- Review source codes contributed by other engineers
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
- Solid understanding in HTML & CSS
- Proficient in writing automated tests with any testing framework
- Proficient with distributed version control system (preferably git)
- Team player who is willing to help and collaborate well with other team members
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to guide other team members to achieve goals
- Familiar with non-functional testing such as load, performance and resiliency testing
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Experience writing NodeJs library module
- Knowledge in any of other programming language (Java/Ruby/Python)
- Experience working with product analytics services (Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc)
- Good understanding of data architecture fundamentals
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.