Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Remote Work-Hybrid schedule
Are you excited by solving technical challenges that come with building a scalable, highly available platform in a microservices environment used by millions of users worldwide? Come join us at Autodesk! Autodesk’s Customer Platforms and Data group is seeking a high-performing and experienced engineering manager that will be responsible for helping build the User Management and Access platform. Our platform is at the forefront of the company’s strategic investment and has tremendous visibility and impact across Autodesk. The services and applications we build, own and support are business critical and must be highly available in order to provide our customers with seamless and intuitive access to manage their users. This experience is key to our business and one of our top initiatives around transformation and customer experience!
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will lead a team of diverse, smart, and driven engineers through the entire engineering lifecycle of our solutions, from design to release and through production operations. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with your peers from Product, Design and Support to synthesize critical engineering initiatives and blend that with business strategy to create and maintain a roadmap whileenhancing our architecture, and keeping it robust, secure, and scalable.
- Manage and grow a strong engineering team focused on delivering results and engineering excellence across the lifecycle of design, build, test, release, and operate, i.e., a full ownership model
- Work closely with every member of your engineering team to develop their careers and reach their full potential
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Support, & Marketing counterparts to define your team’s vision and roadmap- creating success metrics and help prioritize the team’s work in close collaboration with other engineering teams, product owners and other business stakeholders
- Lead end-to-end execution of projects and ship application releases in a timely manner, keeping your team focussed on well defined sprint priorities
- Constantly remove impediments to your team’s progress and help your team to be successful at releasing quality software often and with confidence
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself
- Be an engineering voice and constantly advocate for engineers best practices and agility across the teams and the larger engineering group
- Lead and participate in engineering wide initiatives as a member of the engineering leadership team
- Communicate early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple offices and time zones
- Be an aggressive source of finding and attracting engineering talents and keeping talents engaged and motivated
- Quality experience managing engineering teams in multiple locations
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- A deep understanding of the value of testing to deliver high-quality code
- Experience working with event-driven architecture in a production environmentutilizing AWS Cloud Services (e.g., S3, SNS, SQS, API Gateway) and Serverless Lambda infrastructure
- Strong grasp of the design, implementation, deployment and operation of scalable API services (REST, GraphQL)
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (e.g., Jenkins, Spinnaker, Docker)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills – you are pragmatic and know how to build trust
- You have successfully managed teams who have built and run a large/distributed web applications or desktop products that is used by many customers
- You have built high performing engineering teams with diverse skillset, attracting good talent, coaching, motivating and mentoring your team members to grow in their career
- You have established a technical strategy and roadmap with your teams, successfully setting key performance metrics in close collaboration with other engineering teams and product owners
- You have significant technical experience and expertise in design, development and delivery of robust and scalable systems and applications
- You have demonstrated experience in adapting and improving engineering best practices across your teams (e.g. test driven development, continuous delivery, scrum practices, automation, etc.)
- Proven track record establishing and driving technical advances, reducing tech debt and making significant improvements to your systems/platforms
- You can clearly articulate desired outcomes and motivate engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems using best practices
- You have past experience doing hands-on work in at least one discipline of backend systems, distributed systems, mobile/client/desktop engineering
- Have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate having collaborated with tech leads and senior engineers, product owners, designers
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it, radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.