Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is evolving its subscription business models and the Offer to Price team is helping ideate, plan, build and run the foundation of the company’s $2.5B+ business with an eye on scaling to meet the needs of its growth to $5B and beyond.
We are not a traditional IT organization. We build engineering platforms that integrate with our customer-facing products and serve our partner ecosystem. We strive to embrace a leading edge yet pragmatic engineering focus on practices that provide consistent value to our customers, like Cloud and integration technologies, DevOps capabilities and a Disciplined agile delivery.
To support this vision, we are looking for a strong Lead Devops Engineer who has built solutions in the cloud (AWS strongly preferred). This is a great time to be a part of the team as we will be building a brand new solution related to Product creation and replication, Pricing Operations and Management, Reporting and Integrations with other systems in the landscape. This is a critical role that will lead the organization with technical expertise in building systems and procedures that meet business stakeholder requirements.
What drives you? Are you passionate about Automation, Innovation and Cloud Ops technologies? Come work with the team and use your expertise and skills to design, build and support the platforms. You will be working closely with the engineering and enterprise application teams to ensure systems are secure, highly available and scalable. Your experience and scripting skills will help you automate scaling and management of server resources and implement code for zero-downtime deployments and to facilitate DevOps practices. This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a unique individual who possesses solid programming background
- Design, develop, and architect applications and services hosted on cloud(AWS)
- Hands-on software development for infrastructure that will perform at scale
- Lead the setup and configuration of CICD pipelines and support/resolve technical complexities to integrate various DevOps practices as part of a CICD implementation
- Docker image building, maintenance, orchestration, and pipelining
- Experience in setting up managing code quality tools such as Codacy
- Write code that is tested, readable, and maintainable
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Lead technical and architectural discussions and decision making
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, understand use cases and build towardsa cohesive technical strategy
- Automate processes where possible and propose new tools when needed
- Cross-train and mentor teammates
- Participate in on-call rotations to support production systems
- Hands-on software development experience in NodeJs/Java/Python
- Experience leading DevOps implementation in large programs especially integrating applications, reengineering and automating systems to improve end-to-end software life cycle management by means of automation
- 8+ years Linux/Unix Administration monitoring, reliability and security of Linux-based, online, high-traffic services and Web/eCommerce properties
- 5+ years of production experience in large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- AWS 3+ years of experience with knowledge on AWS technologies like EC2, Lambda, ELB, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, KMS, VPC, Dynamo DB, RDS.
- Understanding & curiosity of DevOpsbest practices, architectures, and methods
- Strong experience with Log Analysis and Monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Splunk, Dynatrace, Nagios, etc
- Strong with Docker and Kubernetes/ECS environments
- Expert Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Expert experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Spinnaker
- Worked on Open Telemetry and Distributed tracing
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Good self-management skills and ability to track and prioritize multiple tasks coming in simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work independently
- Great team player with great communication skills
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.