Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining, prioritizing, and driving Autodesk’s marketing strategy and will lead all aspects of marketing including demand generation, brand marketing, marketing technology and operations, digital media, and education. The function has a strong foundation in place, and moving forward, this person will continue to grow and develop the team, as well as advocate for the Worldwide Marketing organization within the company. To build a stronger relationship with existing customers and attract prospective customers, the Chief Marketing Officer will be an expert storyteller who can craft the messaging, positioning, and communications to make Autodesk shine as well as its products and services. The CMO will balance this with an analytical skill set and ensure the team is able to maximize the value from their marketing investments. The CMO will lead the team to deliver exceptional results through modernized marketing practices and customer engagement; ultimately, driving the Autodesk marketing strategy to directly support Autodesk’s business strategy.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be a proven leader who has operated at an executive-level and has significant experience building cross-functional relationships. This person will sit on the COO’s leadership team and partner closely with the Chief Transformation Officer, Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Customer Officer, and others. The Chief Marketing Officer will manage a budget of about $220M and will oversee a globally distributed team of about 1,000 people. This role can be based at HQ in the Bay Area or anywhere in the US.
The successful candidate will be a visionary and strategic leader who exhibits confidence balanced with humility and a growth mindset. This person is inclusive and collaborative and will build strong partnerships internally and externally. Innovation is embedded in the culture at Autodesk, and this person will bring new ideas to the table and execute them. As the company continues to undergo its customer transformation, the successful candidate should have significant experience with change management and can inspire the team to achieve their goals. This person is comfortable working through ambiguity and has excellent judgment. Empathy is a must. The culture at Autodesk prioritizes employees and customers, and this person should be a proven people leader. This person enjoys being a mentor and will have the desire to inspire, develop, and grow their team. The CMO will be a champion for Autodesk and
should be passionate about the company’s mission and embody the company’s values.
- Develop and implement the worldwide marketing strategy and act as a strategic partner to senior leaders at the company by proactively identifying opportunities for innovation, improvement, and growth
- Leverage and build off of the recent rebranding strategy to communicate a compelling story about Autodesk’s transformation
- Create and scale account-based marketing strategies to expand and enhance relationships with existing and new customers
- Puts the customer first and leverages their feedback and insights to create a holistic, powerful, and sticky customer experience, so that Autodesk’s customer experience becomes a competitive advantage
- Partner cross functionally to prescribe the pre-purchase customer experience
- Define and scale the student and educator experience
- Define, measure, and manage to quantifiable business, customer, and financial metrics and goals
- Use strong testing and measurement capabilities on brand campaigns to ensure efficiency and a positive ROI
- Implement innovative technology and automation to create highly personalized, digital engagement models with customers
- Work closely with business leaders including sales, customer success, digital, and industry segments to ensure that Autodesk’s marketing strategy is supporting revenue-building initiatives globally
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and mentor a high performing global team of marketing experts
- A minimum of 15 years of marketing experience at a senior-level and ideally, will have experience at both enterprise SaaS and consumer tech companies
- Experience leading large teams and developing, coaching and mentoring strong leaders
- Driven transformation, change management, and scaled and up-leveled processes
- Experience working cross-functionally and globally and has the ability to build strong relationships, sometimes remotely
- A human-centered approach and the ability to understand and empathize with the customer and Autodesk’s employees
- Strong and clear communication skills and knows how to address individuals at all levels in a variety of functions
- The ability to have open and productive debates with the team to solve issues, manage projects, and discuss challenges
- The leadership to influence without authority and build collaborative relationships
- The strategic mindset to balance short-term needs with longer-term vision
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.