Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Autodesk Delivery Platform is a modern, scalable system that Autodesk customers use to get access to their product subscriptions. The platform comprises of key cloud services, publishing systems, desktop clients, components and frameworks to package and deliver all Autodesk products. Our team’s mission is to provide a seamless and reliable experience to our customers, so they can get up-and-running with Autodesk products, and stay up-to-date with the latest features and updates. We are seeking a motivated Engineering Manager to join us in Bangalore, India, and to set up a new engineering team based out of India. You will lead teams of diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing personnel challenges with technical strategy and business requirements. You will be responsible for building, owning and delivering components and services of the Delivery Platform, and will be driving the team using agile practices to ensure rapid, iterative execution.
- Drive design, development and support of desktop clients, components, services and frameworks from inception to production
- Own and drive CI/CD, Automation and other engineering practices to ensure execution efficiency
- You will lead, manage, and build a High Performance Modern Engineering team
- Constantly remove impediments to your team’s progress and help your team to be successful at releasing quality software often and with confidence
- Be responsible for the team’s technical strategy, roadmap and success metrics
- Regularly communicate and collaborate across offices and time zones and across various functions including engineers, Technical Product Owners, Product Managers
- Establish team goals that connect to the wider organization goals; monitor progress against them
- 8+ years of industry experience, with at least 1+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Successfully managed teams who have built and run a large/distributed web applications or desktop products that are used by many customers
- You have built high performing engineering teams with diverse skillset, attracting good talent
- You have demonstrated experience in adapting and improving engineering best practices (e.g. test driven development, continuous delivery, scrum practices, automation, Maintainable and testable code etc.)
- Expert experience with Scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
- You have past experience doing hands-on work in at least one discipline of backend systems, distributed systems, mobile/client/desktop engineering
- Have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate having collaborated with tech leads and senior engineers, product owners, designers
- Cross-platform development experience with Windows, Mac and Linux will be a bonus
The Ideal Candidate
- You understand what it takes to build and support business critical software components, services and frameworks
- You know how to motivate and inspire your teams to be as effective as possible
- You can spot and attract amazing talent
- You have a passion for being a mentor and a teacher
- You are a leader with vision
- You take risks and can make quick decisions
- You can maneuver sometimes vague requirements
- You have a passion for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You understand your job is to sometimes stay out of the way
- And last, but not least, you know how to execute and have demonstrated the ability to incrementally deliver on your team’s vision
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.