Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
CO Salary Range: USD 139,000.00 per year
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk Consulting is seeking a talented Principal Business Consultant to provide consulting services to key customers pursuing BIM applications for Design and Construction in the Manufacturing industry. This individual will work directly with customers to offer consulting services including process and workflow review/development, implementation and deployment strategy, software training and guidance and industry expertise.The role requires drawing on industry experience in manufacturing BIM applications to advise customers on strategy definition while collaborating globally with Autodesk’s thought leadership teams.
As a Business Consultant, you will be a strong strategic thinker with broad knowledge across Construction and Manufacturing with its evolving technology BIM applications. Your expert facilitation skills and sharp business acumen will guide customers as they shape their vision in the context of industry trends, emerging technologies, and their desired business goals. You will work closely with our customers’ senior leadership to develop their digital strategy and define criteria for success, assess current process and project performance, create business value justification for initiatives, and prepare to implement solutions that produce meaningful business results.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, construction, and manufacturing, Autodesk helps industries converge to enable professionals to imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges.
- Counsel customers on strategic transformation and innovation initiatives
- Provide cross-industry insight and thought leadership
- Translate vision and disruptive trends into business outcomes
- Understand and communicate Autodesk Industry Vision and Solutions
- Work closely with customers at the executive and senior business leader level to understand their vision
- Understand, document, and communicate customer business goals & processes
- Recommend options and best approaches to achieve customer solution objectives, collaborating where needed with the Solution Architect, other Consultants, and other Autodesk stakeholders to prepare and present solutions to customers
- Help prepare, review, and manage high quality deliverable documents including proposals, business assessments and recommendations, business process analysis and workflow documentation.
- Help develop a realistic and pragmatic plan considering alternative scenarios
- Identify risks and opportunities to succeed leveraging Autodesk Solutions
- Advise in project cost estimating, delivery methodology and work breakdown tasks of proposed solutions
- Facilitate efficient decision-making processes and issue resolution
- Balance implementation objectives with current capabilities
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations and identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Become established as an industry thought leader through identifying, creating, and promoting compelling insights related to area of expertise
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor degree with a focus on AEC or related degree
- Must have at least 3 years of hands-on experience working in the Manufacturing industry as an AEC expert with BIM solutions, products, and standards
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including conducting workshops, facilitating meetings, and delivering effective presentations to teams and to customers
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to drive decisions and get closure on recommendations and issues
- Proven ability to work with diversified technical, sales, and project management teams
- Must be able to break down complex topics into a common language understandable by non-technical/business-oriented audiences
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Must have strong working knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and how to operate under structured project management, including the need for various environments, system maintenance and solutions sustainability, risks mitigation
- Strong knowledge of industry practices leveraged in business process consulting
- Previous consulting experience including organizational change management
- Solid understanding of BIM workflow process between architects, engineers, and contractors
- Knowledge of cloud-based processing and technologies
- BIM management experience is desirable, especially with Design and Manufacturing based software
Target Pay for this Position (Colorado): $139,000.
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.