Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk, the leading Design and Engineering Software Company, is transitioning to the cloud! As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps customers imagine, design, and create a better world. We have industry-leading 3D solutions for industrial design and manufacturing, architecture, engineering, and construction as well as media and entertainment.
Over 10 million professionals in 185 countries are using Autodesk products to save time and money, gain competitive advantage, and change the way ideas are brought to life. The success and growth of Autodesk can be attributed not only to its exceptional products but also to its unique culture, which brings together the best and the brightest in a combined mission of innovation and creativity. We are continually ranked as a top place to work by Fortune, Forbes, and Glassdoor.
As we transition from a world of desktop products to that of products powered by cloud services, we’re building our core underlying cloud fabric that is comprised of massively scalable, always-on, globally-deployed cloud infrastructure services that underpin our customer-facing systems. Engineers across product teams at Autodesk, utilize our services to build the next generation of rich customer experiences.
Does automation and a fast-paced environment excite you. Do you thrive on building resilient systems – Do you have a passion for uptime. Our Centralized Operations team is seeking a highly motivated, Principal SRE Engineer to help build and support our Media and Entertainment cloud platform infrastructure. Working side by side with engineering teams, supporting daily operations and our long-term roadmap.
- Design, develop, and architect applications and services hosted on AWS Cloud
- Hands-on software development for infrastructure that will perform at scale
- Write code that is tested, readable, and maintainable
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Lead technical and architectural discussions and decision making
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, understand use cases and build towardsa cohesive technical strategy
- Automate processes where possible and propose new tools when needed
- Cross-train and mentor teammates
- Participate in on-call rotations to support production systems
- Hands-on software development experience
- Experience leading DevOps implementation in large programs especially integrating applications, re-engineering and automating systems to improve end-to-end software life cycle management by means of automation
- 8+ years Linux/Unix Administration monitoring, reliability, and security of Linux-based, online, high-traffic services
- 5+ years of production experience in large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- AWS 3+ years of experience with knowledge on AWS technologies like EC2, Lambda, ELB, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, KMS, VPC, Dynamo DB, RDS
- Understanding & curiosity of DevOpsbest practices, architectures, and methods
- Strong experience with Log Analysis and Monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Splunk, New Relic, Grafana
- Strong with Docker and other container technology
- Expert Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Expert experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, etc
- Hands-on experience with Spinnaker
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Good self-management skills and ability to track and prioritize multiple tasks coming in simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work independently
- Great team player with great communication skills
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.