Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk seeks a Product Owner for an agile team within the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) organization, designated with designing robust and resilient APIs, data pipelines, and other functions for our data platforms.Our platforms are core to the functions of the business for organizations like Sales, Marketing, Web Properties, and Finance.
Ideally, you are broadly experienced and passionate about transforming business through technology and work hard to build and foster relationships and consensus. You know how to balance short term business needs with long term strategy, making trade-offs when appropriate with business realities, and pushing back when necessary. You consider the full lifecycle of software systems and delivery process, and never forget about maintainability, scale, cost, and inevitable software evolution. You are someone that cares about how teams operate and can negotiate with others to remove obstacles for your teams, to drive optimal operation. You use data to make informed decisions on behalf of the team and company or influence others in strategic and tactical direction.
This role collaborates with Product Managers, Program/Project managers, Architects, Operations, and the Engineering Team to ensure efficient software delivery and reports to the EDM Engineering Manager. Communication skills are critical, and you must be comfortable collaborating with technical andnon-technical audiences.
- Consulting and collaborating with all stakeholders to adequately understand the full requirements of their business challenges and documenting into actionable stories for our software engineering team
- Extract, elicit, capture, analyze, refine and document business requirements and user stories using JIRA, Confluence, Aha!, and other project/program management tools
- Ownership and facilitator of software meetings/ceremonies (standup, grooming, review, etc.) for deploying our software
- Collaborating with other product owners and product managers across Autodesk to ensure we are partnering and prioritizing our work alongside their initiatives
- Reporting on our progress and success through use of various metrics for velocity, sprint health, testing, etc.
- Contributing to various communications about our team’s deliverables, successes, and status
- Experience delivering software as a scrum master, product owner, product manager, or project manager at every stage of the software development lifecycle
- Experience managing the engineering teams’ work in progress and backlogs
- Strong familiarity with Kanban, Scrum, Lean, SAFe, and other agile and non-agile based methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to manage business requirements with technical feasibility and trade-offs
- Superior ability to facilitate collaborative meetings with engineering and business stakeholders, using modern strategies and tooling
- Readily able dissect high-level technical and non-technical information into actionable details for engineering, and communicate to targeted audiences
- Not dogmatic about a particular approach and are ready to take the best idea in the room
- A strong sense of ownership with a bias for action
- Superior communication and cooperation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across an organization
- Confidence to lead and stand by recommendations in the face of challenges
- Ready to try and take-on new technologies, ideas, and/or product challenges
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge with a good attitude!
- Experience collaborating with teams working in AWS
- Experience collaborating and coordinating among several teams with shared dependencies
- Experience with MDM and/or major back-office systems like CRMs/ERPs
- Experience with Compliance and Data governance
Our team is a group of highly collaborative individuals who are excited to solve challenges, and implement cloud based, resilient, available, reliable software. We are comfortable with several languages and paradigms and aim to choose the technology which is most appropriate for the task. We endeavor to automate our tests and deployments end to end. We seek to mitigate existing issues and balance tech debt with the delivery of value to Autodesk. The team is geographically dispersed, and values transparent, collaborative communication and cooperation.
If you can identify with these traits, we are looking forward to working with you.
Remote work allowed
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.