Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Business Process team within our Entertainment and Media Solutions division. The Business Process team is focused on building cloud services that help improve and automate both production management and content creation processes for small to large scale projects within the film, TV and gaming industries. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a direct impact on the productivity of thousands while applying and using cutting edge development practices and technologies!
The Business Process team is seeking a versatile Software Engineer with algorithmic and/or a high volume of data visualization experience capable of delivering performant and delightful solutions. This is an opportunity to work on next generation Web applications and tools that leverage AI and machine learning to help producers and managers schedule, plan and optimize resources efficiently in order to deliver their work on time and within constraints. Your capacity to work within a cross-functional agile team with other developers, designers, products managers, and QA to understand, challenge and materialize their vision will be key.
- Making a significant contribution to the design, architecture and implementation of new, state of the art functionality that relies on a high volume of data, efficient processing algorithms and performant data visualization
- Constantly and iteratively improve functionality performance and quality
- Involved with all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain the most reliable, secure, performant and pleasant to use applications for our customers
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery of working software
- Writing and maintaining the code following engineering best practices (Secure coding practices, CI/CD, KISS, etc.)
- Write unit and integration tests
- Perform regular code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- Very good algorithms knowledge
- Very good knowledge of any programming language
- 3+ years of experience in software application development
- Experience in writing performant code
- Ability to write mission critical code
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Passionate about solving data visualization related problems
- Preferred Go programing language knowledge
- Experience with 2D computer graphics processing (SVG, d3, other)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Eager to learn web development and SaaS architectures technology
- Familiar with project management
- Interest in Media and Entertainment industry
- Advanced English knowledge
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.