Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We’re growing our network and core services team within Autodesk’s Infrastructure-as-a-Service organization. This team leverages DevOps, GitOps (which is the idea of using pull requests together with a continuous delivery pipeline), and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) methods to build, deploy, configure, and manage infrastructure components as consistent and codified stacks. Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
The team is seeking a principal on-premise networking-focused DevOps Engineer who will have a critical role on how we design, build, deploy, configure, and manage our network infrastructure on Autodesk global campuses.
Novi continues to be one of the fastest growing cities in Michigan and ranks among the top of its neighboring county communities for research, technology and service companies. The city is located approximately 25 miles northwest of the center of Detroit, and 25 miles from of the center of Ann Arbor.
- Install local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), wireless (Wi-Fi), and VPN infrastructure and systems
- Utilize NetDevOps/Git and IaC methods for the configuration and management of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), wireless (Wi-Fi), and VPN infrastructure and systems
- Oversee vendor involvement when needed
- Provide third-level troubleshooting of systems and isolate the source of failure
- Coordinate with a cross-functional team (including equipment and service vendors) in diagnosing issues and initiating appropriate actions for repair or mitigation and provide appropriate status communications to management
- Assist in migration between different vendors including Cisco, Juniper, and Arista technologies
- Interact with various engineering and business teams to understand requests/issues, establish clear expectations, and provide effective communication
- Design and build automation solutions to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and DevOps expertise
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others
- Ability to think and act with an “automation” mindset to problem solving
- Deal well with ambiguous or undefined problems
- Ability to think abstractlyand guide others
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years of professional experience with network technologies such as routers, switches, and firewalls from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Arista, and Fortinet
- 2+ years of development/automation experience (with technologies such as Python, Go, Rest APIs, etc.).
- Literacy with Agile practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.).
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams, and in person
- Experience with Pulse Secure VPN
- CCNA, CCNP, Juniper JNCIA or DEVNET certification
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.