Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
CO Salary Range: USD 200,000.00 – 215,000.00
Job Requisition ID #
Reporting to the Senior Director of AEC Design, the Director of Strategy, Collaboration and Data Management will play a critical role in defining the strategy and go-to-market growth strategies for Autodesk’s design project collaboration and coordination solutions. This individual will be directly responsible for defining and executing on the industry strategy including market opportunity analysis, customer value propositions, competitive analysis, partnerships, target personas, and business models. The individual will lead cross-functional teams as appropriate. They will work closely with Autodesk’s Building and Infrastructure Development teams as well as Autodesk’s Construction Solutions division.
This individual must possess deep knowledge in BIM and delivering digital projects across multiple disciplines and have experience in implementing an ISO 19650 process. This includes managing Common Data Environments (CDE), design collaboration, project information management, industry data standards and project team management.
Candidate needs to be an effective communicator who thinks strategically, writes concisely, speaks easily to small and large audiences and is a coalition builder. They must have the appropriate skills to work across a matrixed-organization and can effectively use data to drive effective business decisions.
Autodesk is in a period of exciting and dynamic change as we continue to expand market share through various business growth initiatives and our transition to cloud. The successful candidate will have significant input into the shape, direction and growth of the organization as we transition through this change and plan for the future.
- Define the digital project delivery vision and strategy for Autodesk
- Create business cases to drive sales channels, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions
- Conduct internal and external research; market, competitors and customer personas
- Work with product development to clearly communicate key customer value propositions and workflow requirements
- Maintain close customer engagements to effectively represent the voice of the customer with respect to price, package, position and business models
- Represent Autodesk within industry organizations and at industry events
- Monitor business performance; P&L, document and report on subscribers, billings, adoption, customer acquisition and retention
- Develop corrective action plans when appropriate
- Continually evaluate, adjust strategic go to market plans to meet evolving business and market requirements
- Work with sales to develop and achieve success with early adopter customers, and strategic and reference accounts
- Partner with sales enablement organization to define and develop appropriate sales plays and tools
- Support Marketing execution to create marketing and training content
- Work with Sales teams to ensure adoption of sales plays to ensure effectiveness
- Maintain close customer relationships to effectively represent the voice of the customer with respect to offer price, package, position and business models
- Build strong internal partnerships with Product Management, Product Line Group Leaders and Sales/Channel teams
- Work with PR as critical point of contact in the industry, including industry specialists, research analysts, key press, and other third parties
- BS or equivalent degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field
- Experience in industry working on project information management systems
- Knowledge in ISO 19650 (formerly PAS 1192)
- Experience with cloud-based design and collaboration tools targeting architects, engineers and contractors
- Travel: 33%
- Knowledge of cloud and SaaS technology and business landscape
- Strong business fundamentals and a background in solving complex customer problems
- Exceptional customer/market research, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled diplomat with executive presence, high level of confidence and maturity with solid experience working across large corporations
- Proven ability to influence within a geographically dispersed global organization to build consensus
- Demonstrated success using critical thinking to formulate strategic direction and success at skillful negotiation and strategy implementation
- Substantial experience in a business role with global scope, with an understanding of the nuances in sales and marketing to different cultures
- Well-rounded business professional with technical acumen and a passion for creating, mining, sharing and using sound, solid and accurate customer data; financial acumen and a track record of continual enhancements to metrics (via analysis, reporting, management within budget and ROI calculations)
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to build strong relationships, and an ability to be highly successful in a matrix management organization
Target Salary Earnings for this position (Colorado): $200,000 to $215,000
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.