Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Principal AEC Implementation Consultant
Location: UK primary; Sweden or the Netherlands as secondary
Autodesk Consulting is seeking a talented AEC Implementation Consultant to provide consulting services to key customers, where you will help them with the implementation & adoption Autodesk AEC technologies.
This position combines your AEC industry experience with your know-how of design, engineering & construction processes. You will work directly with our enterprise customers to offer consulting services including process and workflow review/development, implementation and deployment strategies, software training and technical guidance as well as industry expertise, ensuring customer are maximising the value from their investment.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, construction, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, contractors, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user- friendly applications.
- Lead the implementation of Autodesk consulting engagements with customers
- Create and manage processes, priorities and ownership for deliverable work streams
- Develop use cases based on customer input to drive demand of the technology
- Demonstrate proposed solutions & product overviews and relate them to the customer’s business issues
- Apply Autodesk product sets to detailed industry requirements and workflows
- Guide customers in the best application of Autodesk AEC solution; define and document detailed use cases
- Write documents including project schedules, summaries, procedure guides, process diagrams, flow charts, and best practices guides, agendas, and activity summaries
- Configure solutions based on product capabilities and customer requirements
- Define migration approach of customer data and standards into Autodesk products
- Escalate items as needed in an organized and timely way
- Drive and confirm adoption and consumption through presentations, tests, training and mentoring of solution details
- Build relationship with key stakeholders within product team (s) and stay abreast of product roadmap(s)
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and new developments utilizing information for business improvement
- Work alongside our account Customer Success Managers to feedback value delivered
- Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or related degree
- Must have at least 5 years of hands-on experience in the AEC industry
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working with BIM solutions, products, and standards
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to drive decisions and get closure on recommendations and issues
- Have an innovator mindset
- Proven ability to work with diversified technical, sales, and project management teams
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Must have strong understanding of the Construction Industry, preferably throughout the entire project lifecycle (production planning, scheduling, commissioning, handover to owners)
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including conducting workshops, facilitating meetings, and delivering effective presentations to teams and to customers
- Must be able to break down complex topics into a common language understandable by non-technical/business-oriented audiences
- Ability to travel up to 50-60% of the time, including international travel
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.