Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Virtual and augmented reality are transforming design and creation through new immersive and collaborative experiences that will impact how major segments like entertainment, architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing converge. The industry is being transformed by XR technology growth, creating new ways of working to review, collaborate and create.
In this role, you will be part of the AR/VR/MR (XR) team responsible for building and delivering XR workflows to the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry (AEC). This multi-disciplinary team is operating in a start-up mode within Autodesk with autonomy on product of course, but also sales, strategy, marketing, and operations. In this role, you will be reporting to one of the engineering development managers.
Do you have a passion for XR and are excited about the opportunity to influence Autodesk’s point of view and position on the topic? You want to be part of a swift and mighty team exploring and prototyping XR ideas with the latest technology platforms and shape the future of XR for Autodesk? If so, we want to talk with you.
- Work with the product managers, the technical leads, the experience designers and other software developers to do research, and implement XR workflows, including user interaction and software solutions, leveraging third-party tools and partners (Nvidia, Unity, etc.)
- Implement the cloud and microservices stack for our XR workflows, connecting Autodesk cloud platforms and tools to partner and customer ecosystems
- Design, prototype, implement, test and troubleshoot XR workflows according to market requirements and product specifications
- Integrate test, debug, and profile software and cloud services on supported XR devices
- Develop new tools and applications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 3-5 years’ experience in software development
- Interest in AR, VR and MR
- Experience with full stack models, services, and cloud deployment
- Proficiency in AWS services like EC2, Lambda and S3
- Proficiency in Node.js, or Go for backend
- Proficiency in Databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Interest in either Unity or Unreal Engine
- Ability to work in a start-up fashion even within a big company (things will move fast)
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Git/Github knowledge
- Jenkins, Travis, or other CI/CD system knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- MS Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar technical field
- Basic knowledge of 3D math and modern graphics pipeline
- Experience with Docker
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.