Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our Project Management Office for Marketing Operation & Technology (MOT) team, which resides in the Worldwide Marketing organization. The responsibilities of the PMO Sr. Manager include oversight of the MOT roadmap, providing guidance on operations and policies, managing the day-to-day activities of the PMO, overseeing project management staff and collaborating with other department leaders.
A successful PMO Manager will demonstrate strong leadership and communications skills. This individual will thrive in a technical environment and will have experience working closely with business process documentation and change management organizations.
- Collaborate with MOT leadership and other departmental leaders to define, prioritize and develop the MOT roadmap. Facilitate discussions on resource plans, including internal and contract resources, to ensure the portfolio of work is “right-sized” for the organization
- Facilitate development of business cases for new projects. Recruit business partners to provide input and feedback on the projects.
- Lead portfolio management, consistently reporting to leadership on portfolio status, dependencies and risks
- Guide, implement and improve operational procedures and processes to optimize PMO effectiveness
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain efficient processes and governance for the MOT Operating Model and MOT Roadmap. Requires ability to understand challenges and incorporate new ideas and suggestions to address them
- Coordinates with technical teams to maintain the integrity of the annual and quarterly MOT Roadmap and Resource Plans
- Responsible for translating organizational vision and goals to the PMO team. Lead team of Project Managers to successfully deliver projects and ensure stakeholders are regularly updated on all aspects of the projects. Monitor projects to ensure completion within defined schedule, budget, and quality parameters
- Interface with various functional groups, program/project teams and other stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers to project success
- Develop strong client and stakeholder relationships and maintain effective communication channels
- Partner with Change/Enablement team to ensure plan is effectively developed to support the communication, roll-out and adoption needed for project success
- Reports to Director, Planning & Operations
- 8+ year experience in Project Management, with minimum 3+ year managing teams
- Portfolio management experience
- PMI, Agile and Prosci familiarity required
- Strong technical and organizational abilities
- Strong leadership skills to align and motivate team with diverse skills and points of view
- Conflict resolution and advanced negotiations training a plus
- Strong, direct and concise communications skills
- Excellent writing skills, editing skills, and command of spelling, grammar and syntax rules
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Business, or Marketing; or equivalent experience
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.