Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Location : Canada/Remote
Entertainment and Media Solutions @ Autodesk
Autodesk’s Entertainment and Media Solutions (EMS) group is redefining the future of entertainment. We empower content makers to inspire, educate, and entertain, while investing in our employees to build a meaningful career with us. Autodesk is uniquely able to offer platforms, community, resources, best in class tools, and processes that unlock the future of productivity and creativity in media and entertainment.
Autodesk is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Software Development Manager to join the Entertainment and Media Solutions (EMS) group. In this role, you will be central to our success – a collaborator who bridges business needs and engineering requirements that help our customers create, access, and share their content via the cloud.
We are looking for a strong leader, communicator with a balance of technical knowledge and project leadership. As an ideal candidate, you have led teams developing scalable cloud services in a fast-paced, agile environment. You know how to nurture talent, develop/advocate best practices, foster open communication, and provide guidance and mentoring to effective and high-performing teams to deliver high-quality solutions to their customers.Our digital content creation tools form the incredible software backbone of the entertainment industry. This is an exciting opportunity to lead an engineering team building the future of productivity and creativity in media and entertainment.
- Accountable for business outcomes for the teams as well as engineering excellence
- Inspire, motivate, and coach team members to achieve maximum productivity, optimal creativity and efficiency
- Lead and mentor developers to develop their careers and to achieve individual success
- Recruit and nurture best talents to develop high-performing teams
- Organize and track software development activities to continually make progress on the roadmap
- Communicate the status of the project to internal stakeholders
- Participate in customer meetings to maintain awareness of their priorities
- Coordinate with other teams, on engineering best practices and dependencies and business outcomes
- Develop Autodesk culture values in the teams
- Enhance engineering efficiency by closely observing the team, identifying opportunities, and influencing the improvement
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship to the teammates
- Help teams to understand the importance of customer-centricity and build customer empathy
- 10+ years of experience in the industry involving designing and developing cloud/server applications and services
- 7+ years of experience in leading, mentoring, and managing development teams, or other similar leadership roles
- Excellent communication skills, ability to state complex subjects simply for a variety of audiences
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly and identify the problems that need to be solved
- Experience and well-versed in leading in an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge and experience with web technology stack, cloud computing, and cloud database technologies
- Knowledge in building secure and resilient cloud services
- BS degree in software engineering or related field
- Experience in feature film development and pipelines OR in game development frameworks and methodologies
- Familiar with established and emerging technologies used in VFX and Games development (e.g. USD)
- Experience with Maya, 3ds Max or similar DCCs/tools in production
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.