Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Reality Solutions group at Autodesk is responsible for the development of next generation technologies to increase the ease of use and value of reality capture data in building, construction and infrastructure workflows. We employ machine learning, computer vision and computational geometry to solve complex problems, tackle data and performance at massive scales, while hiding this complexity from our users when they use it in our desktop and cloud services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, 3D Web Graphics engineer to help build out our 3D reality data visualization and collaboration web platform. You will be part of a team that conceptualizes, designs, architects and builds 3D web apps, specifically around rendering of massive point clouds and meshes and enabling multi-user workflows.
- Develop and integrate streaming 3D point cloud and mesh extensions for Autodesk Viewer
- Research, integrate and contribute to state of the art large scale streaming and 3D rendering open source libraries
- Implement performance optimizations and graphics improvements
- Work with the scrum team to accomplish requirements from product manager and customers, with the option to closely collaborate with other global scrum teams
- Communicate with Product owner, User experience, etc. to understand the requirements
- Design, implement, document andmaintainmodules/components/services
- Communicate with customers to understand issues/concerns and apply the results to team planning
- Develop tools to facilitate work like automated testing, performance analysis, etc
- Bring best practices into the team/product
- Working knowledge of computer graphics using WebGL
- Experience with Web technologies (Web Workers, ReactJS, AngularJS, ThreeJS)
- Ability to quickly learn and understand graphics algorithms
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Education: Candidates of BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge in OpenGL or DirectX
- Hands-on programming experience using C/C++
- Knowledge of web design and the fundamentals of user experience
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.