Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Security @ Autodesk
Our team of security experts helps Autodesk design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are embedding security in the full spectrum of building our products from inception, design, development, testing to how we are running them in the cloud. Our job is to be one step ahead of the bad guys and use expertise, technology, and other resources to thwart their efforts to compromise our products and the environment they operate.
We are searching for a Principal Software Engineer for our Security Team to evolve the Application Security function towards a focus on automation. We are looking for a solid software lead developer who has developed platform engineering, internal tools, or libraries. We will train our new hire in the security domain.
This person will utilize standard development practices to build services, libraries, and tools that benefit the builders within Autodesk. They actively collaborate with team members and other stakeholders in producing quality deliverables in an efficient manner. This person may not be a Security expert today, but we will invest in helping them become knowledgeable of the domain as we build a secure future for Autodesk.
- Work with security stakeholders to define needs and design solutions relevant to solving a security problem.
- Contribute to the technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
- Develop high quality, secure, stable code for use by Autodesk teams
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence, secure coding principles, and good design, resulting in a straightforward solution and reducing complexity
- Utilize Agile development, Autodesk secure SDL and CI/CD methods
- Ensure that code conforms to established coding standards and meets design specifications as well as performance and security goals and best practices
- Maintain, troubleshoot, document, and debug code, as required
- Participate in software design reviews, peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team
- Research external best practices and emerging software and security technologies for possible incorporation into platform/applications and methodologies
- Define and develop team standard practices and methodologies
- Mentor and pair with junior engineers to help them reach their potential
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on distributed systems in the cloud
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Strong product design & development experience in Agile development environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to converse with multiple types of audiences
- Experience with building, maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Docker and modern deployment methodologies
- Security certification, such as CSSLP, or a commitment to achieve one as part of the role
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.