Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you passionate about building high-quality software? Do you find yourself wondering how things work and how you can make them better? Do you want to make an impact? Autodesk’s education platform engages millions of students, teachers, and administrators from all around the world.
Autodesk’s Digital Experience Platform, Education team is looking for a talented senior software developer to join our globally distributed team. You will be tasked to develop robust, resilient, and performant websites and services. Our drive is to help the education community thrive and most importantly enable them to make anything.
- Architect and develop new features
- Focus on quality, including writing unit/integration tests and refactoring when appropriate
- Break apart complex initiatives into manageable chunks
- Work closely with architects, technical leads, product owners, and others to drive towards a common vision
- Lead and mentor team to follow software engineering standards, including efficiency, quality, security, resiliency, and other best practices
- Design and build solutions, frameworks, automation, and orchestration for a broad range of applications
- Provide experience and support for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Collaborate with a distributed team and stakeholders
- Be a passionate and empathetic advocate of architecture, design, and software engineering principles
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience (MS in Computer Science or a related degree is preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of public cloud service platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Advanced knowledge in serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in Node.js
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in React (or similar frameworks)
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
- Proactive, quick decision maker with excellent communication and written skills
- Advanced knowledge in architecting AWS based systems.
- Strong hands-on experience with key technologies and tools such as CI/CD
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.