Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is seeking a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer to join our agile development team! As a Lead team member responsible for building foundational services, you will have the opportunity to lead the team that builds Autodesk’s Identity Access Management Platform. The service is one of the key business enablers serving millions of Autodesk customers daily. It is leveraged by 150+ Autodesk desktop, mobile, web applications and cloud services and a growing third-party developer ecosystem for managing user authentication, authorization, profile, and entitlements. You will be working on cutting edge AWS technologies as you build the next generation of Autodesk’s Identity Platform.
- Work effectively as a member of a self-organized agile team that builds, owns and runs the service
- Lead all aspects of service development, including front-end, back-end, DevOps and quality
- Own up the operation of the service, e.g., monitoring, alerting, metrics, logging and troubleshooting
- Work closely with architect and product management to understand requirements and translate them into elegant implementations
- Use the current system behavior to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the scalability, reliability, usability and security of the system
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple system components
- Be an advocate for the service within the org to help the product teams to integrate
- Improving the team efficiency and velocity by acting as a multiplier (optimize and remove obstacles)
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate them to be part of the roadmap.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Proven track record of improving the team velocity by acting as a multiplier
- Extensive experience building cloud-native restful web services and applications
- Expert level experience with programming languages such as Java, C# or Go-Lang.
- Strong experience with relational and non-relational data stores
- Expert level experience in building services with high performance, high availability at internet scale
- Solid understanding of software design and architectural patterns
- Experience in Leading Initiatives in project / software development roles.
- Committed to quality, including security and performance
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new languages, tools and design patterns as needed
- Experience with OIDC, OAuth2 and related API Authorization protocols would be a definite plus
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS stack and containers is a plus
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.