Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As we transition from a world of desktop products to that of products powered by cloud services, we’re building our core underlying cloud fabric and kernel that is comprised of massively scalable, always-on, globally-deployed cloud infrastructure services that underpin our customer facing systems. Engineers across product teams at Autodesk, utilize our kernel services to build our next generation of rich customer experiences.
Does automation and fast paced environment excite you? Do you thrive on building resilient systems – Do you have a passion for uptime?
We are seeking a highly motivated, seasoned engineer to help build out Autodesk’s worldwide data infrastructure.
The successful candidate has a strong sense of ownership and is able to drive projects through completion. They are well versed in modern automation frameworks that will be used to build supportive services used by our internal customer base.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services
- Work with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Hands on software development for products that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible.
- Write code that is tested, readable, and maintainablePerform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Engage in technical and architectural discussions and decision making to shape the future of making things.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, understand use cases and build towards a cohesive technical strategy
- Automate processes were possible and create new technologies when needed.
- Cross-train and mentor teammatesParticipate in on-call rotation to support production systems
- Great team player with about 8 to 12 years of total industry experience
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience in Java
- 5+ years of production experience in large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring, Jersey
- Experience consuming, designing, and implementing REST APIs
- Working knowledge of build automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building apps on AWS using services such as S3, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, Cloudwatch and Lambda
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests
- Experience working on Graph Databases
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience using Docker to build containerized applications
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.