Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Do you want to create engaging, helpful, and attractive websites that are frequented by millions of students and teachers worldwide? Autodesk’s eCommerce engineering (ECE) Education team is looking for talented engineers who are passionate about technology to join our globally distributed team and help us develop beautiful, personalized website experiences.
As part of the ECE Education team, you will be implementing exciting new features that engage and influence students, mentors, and teachers. Our team faces a variety of unique and interesting challenges, from creating new tools and components, implementing critical web services, creating new and engaging end-user experiences, to digging into low-level performance details and streamlining processes. To be successful in this role, you’ll need a solid foundation in server-side Java programming, a passion for the latest web and cloud technologies, and a desire to tackle new challenges head-on. This is your chance to work with a team of experienced and talented individuals, participate in a fun and engaging workplace culture, and have your work seen and used by millions. Together, we can help the worldwide education community build anything.
- Work with product owners to form technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Provide accurate estimates on user stories in sprints
- Participate in code reviews
- Be a subject matter expert in specific parts of a system
- Recommend best practices around design and architecture
- Take ownership of, and maintain complex modules
- Communicate effectively and responsibly in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with web technology stacks
- Familiar understanding of web services, including REST
- Understanding of server-side web development using Java
- Experience creating and maintaining highly effective and maintainable CSS
- Full understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming paradigms
- Possess knowledge of industry best practices and good software architecture
- Full understanding of latest web APIs and standards (HTML 5, CSS 3, ECMAScript 2015)
- An understanding of current trends in web and mobile development
- An understanding of current cloud technologies: AWS, Lambda, etc.
- 5 or more years of relevant programming experience
- 2 or more years ofexperience working in a modern web application stack (React, Backbone, Angular, Vue.JS, etc.)
- Great communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- eCommerce experience
- Understanding of PCI compliance and security best practices
- Production React experience
- Experience with Node.js, npm, gulp, and webpack
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience working in the Agile methodology
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe AEM (CQ) and related technologies
- Familiarity with responsive web design
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/autodeskcareers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.