Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are seeking an experienced senior full stack engineer to join our team of smart and driven engineers who are building real-world solutions for the construction industry. Our experiences power construction teams in the office, trailer and field, enabling them to understand and execute on projects with a level of speed, safety and predictability which was never possible in pure paper workflows.
On the Standards team, we are building technology platforms and customer facing product lines that tackle the widest and hardest problems in the construction industry. Our customers are both the individual product teams within Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) who leverage our platform, as well as end users who rely on us to provide them holistic solutions to wide ranging problems from project standardization to data federation. Fundamentally, our work is at the heart of the flagship products offered by ACS helping transition information seamlessly thru all the different phases of a project’s lifecycle.
- Building, shipping, and maintaining features on our products in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Driving the API designs, database schemas, and architecture of distributed backend services
- Understanding product and business requirements as a foundation for making technical decisions
- Maintaining a high standard of code quality by promoting team best practices around testing, code reviews, and design patterns
- Translating complex design and product requirements into discrete engineering tasks with level of effort estimates with the teammates
- Communicating status updates, identifying potential blockers, and resolving the root cause of slowdowns with rest of the team
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support the systems in the production environment
- BS or MS in a technical field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong understanding of non-trivial backend systems / micro-services
- Experience in writing production level code with automated tests that is resilient and scales
- Expertise in at least one server side framework (Flask, Django, etc.) + async processing
- Willingness to learn our backend stack (Python + Flask + Postgres)
- Ability to define and interact with RESTful APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially around technical concepts
- A strong sense of ownership
- Experience mentoring and providing technical leadership
- Product engineering mindset / customer empathy to provide the right technical solution to real users’ problems with right tradeoffs
- Experience with Typescript
- Comfortable with writing and optimizing SQL queries
About Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle – from design and pre-constructionto construction, turnover and operations – with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.