Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Customer Journey Automation Domain is looking for a Principal Engineer. The objective of the CJA domain is to enable omni channel orchestration and automations across the customer lifecycle. The project leverages data from the Autodesk data lake to drive customer experiences and automatically trigger pre-defined customer journeys targeting all stages of the customer lifecycle. The 5 major components of the project include a data, API, email, journey, and a reporting layer.
If you are passionate about using data to help solve customer problems, enjoy building data integrations/ETL and API connections to platforms, interfacing/guiding a wide range of engineers/BSA’s/QA’s, then this position will be a great fit.As a Principal Engineer on the team, you will work closely with our engineering teams to evolve customer journey experiences and platforms. You will interface with Engineers, Business Systems Analysts, QA Analysts, and Architects to establish an efficient and resilient customer data platform. You will also have the opportunity to partner with individuals from Sales, Customers Success, Marketing, and Digital Help to understand business problems and identify/implement scalable solutions.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge for developing scalable, reliable, and maintainable services
- Ability to build and construct data pipelines and perform ETL.
- Write high quality code following test-driven design principles
- Ability to automate test cases to simplify testing processes
- Work with an agile team and follow agile software delivery processes
- Construct and manage monitoring, alerting, logging, and troubleshooting of overall platform/solution
- Understand and participate in code reviews to ensure functionality and standards of code
- Have the ability to learn new tools, technologies, and platforms to assist the team in delivering a customer centric platform
- Collaborate and guide other software engineers and analysts to identify dependencies and deliver platform enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, or similar, or equivalent work experience
- 5 + years of software engineering/development experience with a focus on data integrations.
- Expertise in the following languages: Python, SQL, and CSS
- Expertise in various AWS data technologies: Lambda, S3, AWS Glue, Airflow, Astronomer, etc.
- Experience with API’s a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and ownership ability required
- Agile/Scrum experience is preferred
- Enjoys finding solutions to complex problems
- Has a can-do attitude and willing to learn new tools and platforms
- Be willing to explore new and unknown areas and find effective solutions to those areas.
- Mentor and provide direction to less experienced software engineers regarding company development processes and product architecture, at senior levels.
- Develop depth in at least one technical area, but breadth in numerous areas to be a greater asset to the team
- Research external best practices and emerging technologies for possible incorporation into company products and methodologies.
- Experience with HTML, SWU, Marketo, Splunk, and SFDC preferred
- Experience with CDP’s (Customer Data Platform) preferred
- AWS Architect certified a plus.
- With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.