Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Technical Solutions Executive (Tech SE) partners with the Named Account Manager to drive revenue objectives by owning the technical relationship and strategy for the account. The Tech SE defines and drives the technical account strategy by combining the appropriate sales methodology, deep industry and technical background, to align with the Named Account Manager’s sales initiatives while advocating for the customer within Autodesk by partnering closely with the division, consulting, and marketing to ensure a clear understanding of the customer’s environment, challenges and requirements. The Tech SE fosters long-term partnerships with customers by aligning the customer’s business and technical goals with Autodesk’s vision, mission, and strategy.
A world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk delivers the broadest product portfolio to empower customers to digitally design, visualize and simulate their ideas.
Account Plan Development and Management
- In partnership with Named Account Managers develops technical account plan and executes on strategy/tactics for closing business
- Uses Autodesk company standard sales methodologies to ensure technical closure and alignment with sales strategies
Customer Relationship Management
- Develops required level of knowledge of customers’ business process, workflows, and technical requirements in order to build “trusted advisor” relationships with customers
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the business processes, technology trends, and workflows, within their domain of expertise, to provide insight and guidance required to position the value of current and new Autodesk solutions
Technical Discovery & Solution Fit
- Manages technical discovery
- Provides leadership and guidance in the formulation of requirements definitions, scope documents, user needs studies, process assessments and project assessments for sales opportunities. Leverages Autodesk software, applications, and services together with other resources to develop innovative solutions that satisfy technical, fiscal and schedule constraints within the customers business
- Responsible for aligning with key customer stakeholders to secure business and technical closure of the proposed solution
- Manages technical evaluations, defines solution architecture, facilitates product demonstrations, “pilot” projects, etc.
- Provides technical validation and assesses feasibility, correctness and completeness of proposed solutions; applies best practices in solving business problems
- Assess and direct customers regarding strategic product issues involving license deployment, licensing structures and license management to maximize customer satisfaction and product revenue
- Develops and maintains trusted working relationships with the sales force and adjacent business partners
- Partners with cross-functional teams (sales management, consulting, development, technical sales) to acquire the correct talent/resource for individual sales opportunities
- Oversees and guides these resources to outlined account objective to, ensure customer satisfaction and business closure
- Shares best practices, competitive information, innovation, and thought leadership within the sales organization, product divisions, and technical sales organization
- Interacts and communicates with the various business units of Autodesk to ensure that the Industry Targeted Account needs are met
- Provide answers and knowledge share technical product and integration information pertaining to Autodesk or competitor products
- At least 10 years of practical experience in the Architecture, Engineering, Construction industry, Manufacturing industry or Automotive industry and maintains knowledge of future trends
- Experience using the Autodesk products or related solutions
- Proven track record in managing clients, executing meetings, and developing deep relationships within constructions or manufacturing industries
- Passion for helping our customers and a commitment to creating amazing customer experiences
- Proactively seek opportunities to learn and improve existing processes
- Experience with deploying new and disruptive technology into a workforce to drive innovation, change, and efficiency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, in person and over the phone
- Understanding of IT, and digital practice needs and pains
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills- including comfort in front of large audiences
- Strong teamwork/relationship management skills
- Works independently and can manage multiple priorities
- Requirements gathering and discovery proficiency
- Sales methodology or technical sales experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 40%
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.