Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
The Connect team is looking for a Sr. Principal/Principal Engineer that is interested in implementing different backend services, SDKs and our developer portal using Backstage, an open platform that unifies all your infrastructure tooling and services to create a streamlined development environment from end to end.
Successful candidates have a great sense of ownership, and can drive cross-team projects through completion. They have previous experience as tech leads and they have experience developing cloud-native REST APIs, SDKs and web portals for external customers. These candidates are well versed in modern automation frameworks that will be used to build supportive services used by our internal customer base.
You will work within an inclusive culture that offers competitive and equitable salaries, generous benefits, exciting career growth opportunities and work-life balance.
- Work closely with architects and technical product managers to design and architect secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to understand requirements, understand use cases and build towardsa cohesive technical strategy aligned to business objectives
- Research and analyze existing legacy architecture and software code to understand the code at both the low-level and higher architectural level for making enhancements or resolving defects and performance issues within and across teams
- Develop technical standards and high-quality code following unit testing and test-driven development
- Engage in an on-call rotation to support production systems
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming projects in a distributed environment and contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software
- Self-starter, passionate about learning new technologies and working on different services/products
- Lead and advocate for software design reviews, conduct peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team. Coachand mentor less experienced developers
- 8+ years of experience as a software developer.
- 5+ years of production experience building apps on large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure AWSusing services such as ECS, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, etc.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design in at least one modern language (Java, C#, Go)
- Hands-on experience with web technology stacks, JS frameworks (React, Node.js)
- Practical experience building RESTful, Micro-services and/or front-end experiences
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience using Docker to build containerized applications
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python and PowerShell
- Working experience building automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Analytic, curious, and perseverant when facing challenges
- Ability to understand problems, think critically, and devise solutions
- Ability to perform threat modeling: analysis, design, coding and testing
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Strong technical communication skills and experience working with technical customers
- Experience with application maintenance and monitoring tools
- Passionate about open-source technologies
- Experience with load testing frameworks such as JMeter, Locust or BlazeMeter
- Autodesk products knowledge/experience
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.