Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist (specialized in BIM) to provide support services and engages Autodesk customers in providing effective technical solutions, directions, and troubleshooting advise. The support services will be conducted via standard modalities like Web, Chat, Schedule-A-Call, Phone etc. Using analytical and communication skills, this role ensures technical problems are understood, documented, and resolved promptly and effectively, creating an outstanding customer experience and enhancing the team’s knowledge.
As part of the Global Product Support Team, you will oversee and manage reported issues from case logging phase till eventual closure, working with the product engineering team, technical leads and cross-functional teams to achieve a successful resolution. This role reports to a Product Support Manager and requires the use of judgment and independent decision making when managing caseload to achieve individual, team, and organizational goals.
Work location will be at Bangalore, India and the successful candidate will be expected to relocate to Bangalore. The working hours will be AMER hours (05:00 PM – 01:30 AM IST)
- Respond to support requests via multiple channels, Web cases, Chat and other channels including phone, web, online forums and so on
- Adhering to documented processes
- Document support interactions in a company-wide case management system
- Escalate and consult unresolved issues to senior staff as required
- Research, verify and document product defects
- Actively handle the personal backlog of support requests
- Manage customer and partner expectations by providing timely updates on the progress
- Assist in the fundamental development and maintenance of internal knowledge base quality, via the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology
- Influence and contribute to product support and development to contribute to successful improvements
- 3+ years of BIM industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field OR equivalent product experience in relevant industry
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skill are required.
- Ability to understand and convey complex technical details coherently to a live or virtual audience
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners and customers
- Team player who enjoys supporting and interacting with other members of a shared responsibility team
- Ability to work in flexible working hours/Shifts
The Ideal Candidate
- People-minded: empathizing with, responding to, and problem-solving customer issues
- Pragmatic: making timely decisions based on sound logic and consideration of the consequences
- Take initiative: having a strong sense of ownership with a bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves
- Accountable: clarifying assignments, prioritizes work and pays attention to detail to ensure work is done in a timely and high-quality manner
- Strategic: offering articulate recommendations and rationale and builds support with key decision-makers
- A wet sponge: actively listening to others in order to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Intellectually curious: learning from mistakes, adapting to change, and seeking out ways to develop new skills
- Influential: being a role model inspiring others and affecting a positive impact
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.