Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for a talented Senior Experience Designer who can help create and ship high-quality experiences for Autodesk’s customer support and contact systems. If you are passionate about experience design, data-driven solutions, problem solving, user research, complex workflows, customer engagement, you have a chance to make an impact. The Senior Experience Designer will work with stakeholders from product teams, engineering teams and other functional teams across the company. This role requires an empathetic mindset, strategic thinking, critical research and analysis, proven data-driven design experience, and a thoughtful approach to working independently, collaboratively and globally within a large organization.
Success in this role requires curiosity about the industries we serve, a willingness to dig deep into technology to talk to developers in their language, the ability to drive alignment with cross-functional partners/teams, actively championing enterprise vision, and a proactive desire to connect with others in collaboration. You will partner with senior members of the team to contribute to features and workflows and start to build a comprehensive vision for the whole product and the ecosystem around it. To be considered please submit your resume, portfolio and password for access by our recruiting/hiring team.
- Transfer understanding of user needs and workflows to propose enhancements to company products
- Collaborate with product team(s) in the production of white papers, pitch decks, demonstration examples, and other technical collateral required for product introductions and ongoing marketing
- Design and evaluate alternative solutions to choose the best approach
- Visualize and prototype an intended solution
- Meet and collaborate with customers and development partners to validate conceptual designs
- Rapidly prototype and iterate based on customer feedback
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of usability tests, analytics and other target user research with project partners to validate existing and future feature design (including prototype testing)
- Compose technical and highly detailed documents using text, diagrams, illustrations, and/or prototypes to support the implementation of design proposals
- Deliver design documentation for use by a wide range of audiences including Software Development, Test Development, Technical Publications, and Support
- Review feature implementation, test plans and documentation to ensure accuracy of desired application results
- Facilitate presentations and discussions with users, developers, and product managers to drive resolution on proposed features and functionality
- Partner with development team to drive successful implementation of the user experience design specifications
- Train other internal company stakeholders on new workflows and functionality after appropriate scoping and development milestones are met
- Work across the company to drive design cohesion and platform adoption
- Show design thought leadership by regularly presenting inside and outside the organization
- 3+ years of experience in experience design
- Demonstrated experience in research – interviews, ethnography, user testing, etc.
- Strong skills in prototyping and design software, as well as communication software such as Powerpoint. Figma experience a plus
- Skilled in human-centered design methods and practice
- Demonstrated experience and interest in presenting design related information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- A history of delivering products and platforms that succeed in the marketplace
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.