Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle – from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations – with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
Autodesk Construction Solutions is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to help us build the future faster. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point. On the Mobile Platform team, our mobile engineers are your customer, and your role will be to make those engineers more productive in our mobile codebases. Whether that’s reusable components, shared APIs, shared infrastructure like oursync engine, or any other initiative that you or the team focuses on to improve developer productivity for everyone. Ourstacks arediverse, so you will get exposure to many technologies includingSwift, Kotlin, Kotlin Native, and more.
The Photos & Videos team builds the software that communicates progress, ensures quality, and documents project completion via visual andsensordata from the construction site. Customers rely on the team to produce best in class tools that are easy to use. This team is also investigating new technologies (drones, AR, LIDAR, etc.) in order to help our customers collect, and have access to, the right information at the right time.
As an iOS Engineer, you’ll tackle difficult and interesting challenges and help build and improve the overall health of our mobile platform to enable our engineers to be hyper-productive.
- Building near real-time collaboration and mark-up for construction drawings
- Enhancing our shared library that is used across all three of our mobile platforms (iOS, Android, and Windows Desktop) written in Kotlin Native
- Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Building tools to streamline communication and collaboration on the construction site
- Tackling synchronization and consistency that allows our users to work and edit offline
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools
- Have at least 3 years of engineering experience
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly scalable, reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Have experience building iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift
- Major plus if you have experience with at least one server side framework (Rails, Django, Flask, etc.) and/or any other native client experience (Android, .NET)
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.