Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Location: Birmingham-United Kingdom
Implementation Consultants deliver outstanding value to our largest Customers through consulting initiatives that are centred around Customer Outcomes, targeting Customer Value and resulting in Customer Success.
Our Consultants are highly motivated self-starters with a keen eye for detail and are driven to create great solutions for our customers. Consultants are involved throughout the lifecycle of a customer’s engagement with Autodesk.
- They are responsible for helping customers adopt the software through training and configuring our applications to ensure initial success.
- They work closely with customers to ensure that users are getting the most value from the software and optimising workflows wherever possible to improve productivity and ensure ongoing success.
- They are also responsible for working with the customer to understand their business objectives to then align, deliver and track the consulting engagements against the objectives.
Autodesk Customer Success seeks such an Implementation Consultant focused on our Advanced Manufacturing products and processes. Autodesk’s products in this Industry segment are Fusion 360, PowerMill, PowerInspect and Netfabb to name the most important ones.
- Assist our Customers and Partners to scope solutions against the requirements discovered to improve/optimize the Design to Make process using Autodesk’s family of Advanced Manufacturing solutions including Fusion 360, PowerMill, Netfabb and other supporting Autodesk products.
- Assist our Customers and Partners in the domain of integrating our solutions with existing equipment or products at the Manufacturing site.
- Assist our Customers and Partners with the performance tuning of processes involving our Advanced Manufacturing solutions as the core components.
- Collaborate with our Customers and Partners to define recommendation of best practices, initial installation and troubleshooting
- Develop and present workshops on Advanced Manufacturing topics defined with our Customers and Partners.
- Stay current on technical specifications and hardware requirements of Autodesk products, including new and soon to be released products
- Document customer interactions in projects to enable Support and Project Managers to follow up on defined actions with our Customers and Partners.
- Work closely with other consulting team members, collaborating and exploring possible solutions to Customer problems and Sales related inquiries
- Use strong interpersonal/customer service skills with both customer and team members while balancing multiple priorities
- Ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction through resolution of customer situations; handling product issues, installations, implementations and upgrades
- Establish communication with development, support and sales teams during project delivery cycle while advocating on behalf of the customer
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Engineering or suitable industry experience
- Experience troubleshooting software, hardware and manufacturing processes
- Strong background of using Autodesk Manufacturing products(Fusion360, PowerMill, PowerInspect, PowerShape)
- British nationality for security clearance
- Excellent knowledge of all areas of subtractive manufacturing required
- Good knowledge of measurement techniques used in the industry today
- Good knowledge about quality control and how to apply it in practice
- Fluency in English is required; any other language is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey complex technical details effectively
- Strong customer service skills including phone etiquette and conflict resolution
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to define plausible solution definitions based on product knowhow
- Programming skills in Python or C for automation of Fusion, VB or C# for automation of PowerMill and JS/NodeJS for Forge based development would be an advantage
- Ability to lead Customers in consulting engagements
- Ability to present technical information to a live or virtual audience
- Ability to set priorities of various assignments and complete them within allocated deadlines with little or no supervision
- Ability to work outside UK
- Ability to work up to 50% at customer locations
- Excellent team player supporting and interacting with other members of a shared responsibility team
- Self-motivated and proactive, possessing strong desire to learn
- Innovative mindset, demonstrating ongoing desire and ability to continually find ways to improve the ways we do business
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.