Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Please note, these Software Engineer roles can be remote. We are looking for all levels of Software Engineers – Entry, Senior, Principal.
The ideal Software Engineer candidate will possess skills in one of these specific areas:
1. Building and deploying services on public cloud
2. Building and defining a CI/CD process
3. Building and Deploying Observability solutions
Does automation and a fast-paced environment excite you? Do you thrive on building resilient systems – Do you have a passion for uptime?
The Developer Enablement team is seeking highly motivated, seasoned engineers to help build Autodesk’s Source Code Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and Cloud Observability systems.
We are a global team which has a goal to increase developer productivity by 100x over the next 5 years!
As a team member you will build, design, and deploy services and tools that are used by every single developer for source code management, builds, testing, cloud deployment as well as tools to observe and manage the public cloud infrastructure and application services. You will work side by side with engineering teams, supporting daily operations and our long-term roadmap.
Successful candidates have a strong sense of ownership and can drive projects through to completion. They are well versed in modern automation frameworks that will be used to build supportive services used by our internal customer base.
- Design, develop, and test features/functions delivered via applications and services
- Work with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Hands-on software development for infrastructure that will perform at scale
- Engage in code reviews, technical evaluations, architectural discussions, and decision making
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, understand use cases, and build towardsa cohesive technical strategy
- Automate processes where possible and propose new tools when needed
- Participate in on-call rotations to support production systems
- Great team player with great communication skills.
- Experience with configuration management tools and cloud automation such as TerraForm, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible or similar
- Hands-on software development experience in Python, Java, Go, NodeJS or .NET or similar
- Customer-facing and service-oriented person
- Understanding & curiosity of DevOpsbest practices, architectures, and methods
- Good self-management skills and ability to track and prioritize multiple tasks coming in simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work independently
- Experience defining and building CI/CD processes and working with common CI/CD tools such as Github, Jenkins, Circle CI, Spinnaker or similar
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like Prometheus, Grafana, StatsD, Splunk, ELK, New Relic or similar
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience consuming, designing, and implementing REST APIs
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.