Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk Technical Sales Specialists are responsible for organizing and presenting technical industry content/demonstrations in customer calls and meetings. Such engagements are intended to drive revenue in collaboration with our Inside Sales teams as well as channel partners. The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) must possess the ability to present Autodesk’s Design and Manufacturing solutions to Mechanical Engineers, Product Designers, and other stakeholders in the industry. The TSS will perform detailed presentations of Autodesk products in technical, pre-sales environments, to audiences both small and large while maintaining high level of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism. The TSS is expected to use their industry knowledge and understanding of competitive solutions to articulate the value of Autodesk’s solutions. The TSS thoroughly understands the capabilities of the Autodesk solutions and the business benefits that customers can realize by implementing them within their business. TSS can tailor their conversations to executives and end users.
The ideal candidate will have a consulting mindset, understand the design & manufacturing industry and its trends, and be able to uncover customers needs and communicate Autodesk’s solution values and business outcomes.
For this position, we value your manufacturing industry expertise, your years of hands-on design experience and understanding of design/manufacturing workflows and best practices. If you have excellent communication skills, and a high degree of comfort presenting / evangelizing solutions 1:1 and one to many and customer focused you are a good fit.
Your credibility with our customers comes from the fact that at one point you probably were or are one of our customers. You’ve walked a mile in their shoes, and you know the pains and challenges of the manufacturing industry firsthand. More importantly you have used technology to solve real-world problems. Success will also require a relentless passion for our products and customers.
Partner with Territory Inside Sales Reps and/or Channel Partner Managers to:
- Facilitate discovery workshops of varying sizes with our customers to help uncover business issues/drivers/initiatives and use this information to connect Autodesk solutions to business outcome value
- Perform in-depth assessments of customer processes to investigate, uncover and understand customer’s business issues
- Utilize knowledge of business trends, technology, and industry to identify areas of opportunity for customer process improvement
- Leverage Autodesk software, applications, and services together with other resources to define innovative solutions to customer’s business
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Mechanical Design/Manufacturing industry
- Understands the manufacturing industry and maintains knowledge of future trends
- Understands project workflows from design, estimation, administration, coordination and fabrication
- Knowledge of industry standards, workflows, data formats and interoperability techniques
- Proficient in Autodesk Product Design and Manufacturing products:
- Fusion 360
- Vault Professional
- Knowledge on the following products is a plus:
- AutoCAD Mechanical & Electrical toolsets
- Inventor iLogic
- Inventor Nastran
- Inventor CAM (HSM)
- Factory Design Utilities
- Product Lifecycle Management soutions
The candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or Product Design
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of large audiences
- Must have credibility and respect at the executive level and be able to connect technically at the user level
- Strong analytical skills in terms of solving complex problems within supported industry(s)
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills
- Requirements gathering and discovery proficiency
- Sales methodology or technical sales experience a plus
- Works both independently and in team environments, and can manage multiple priorities
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows and Office Products
- Experience with competitive software within industry is a plus
Travel requirement is less than 10% of the time.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.