Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Innovyze seeks a Water Distribution Technical Support Engineer, specifically with a background in water distribution systems modeling, to join our Client Services team in Americas region. The role involves supporting our customers from around the world in the use of our software products. The emphasis will be on supporting our water distribution network modelling products. The position is permanent full-time.
The selected candidate will be expected to support our customers in the use of our software products from initial installation through to everyday use. The role will require a good degree of knowledge of Innovyze Water Software. The role may involve short term domestic travel, for example conducting a 2-day training course at a client site. The position may be home based or at an Autodesk office. A remote candidate already experienced in our software with a proven diligence working from a home office will also be considered. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Provide GIS/engineering/modelling support, specialty modelling services, and training to our client base
- Assist with software implementation projects
- Support customers with their software installations, configurations, updates and upgrades
- Determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Assist in development of product videos, users guides/manuals, help files, and marketing materials
- Take ownership of the water distribution systems modeling sect of the Innovyze support team by participating in triage meetings with the development team, leading meetings with customers to field questions and concerns, liase with the sales team, and manage the update of training materials
- Support preparation of proposals and presentations and maintaining positive, professional relationships with current and prospective clients
- Maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent company references
- Interact professionally with clients, client services group members and Sales team members
- Make presentations to clients and at professional and industry conferences as needed
- Participate in tradeshows, and user group meetings as needed
- Conduct software training courses both in Innovyze offices and at client sites
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil, Environmental or Water Resources Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the water resources modeling, preferably experience with InfoWater/InfoWater Pro/InfoWorks WS Pro as a modeler at a water utility or engineering consulting firm
- Knowledge of hydraulic and asset performance modelling, Innovyze software, and ESRI GIS
- Experience in the instruction of modelling and software concepts
- Experience in writing and presenting technical documentation
- Works well in a team environment
- Client oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proactive in monitoring and resolving customer issues
- Keen to learn and able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Team player with a positive attitude and flexibility in an environment of tight deadlines, unexpected changes and interruptions
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and anticipate needs, learning to work independently and carry projects through to completion with moderate guidance/direction
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.