Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you passionate about making a difference to the world, empowering innovators with the software they need to achieve the new possible? Does writing software, that will help solve some of the most incredible engineering and design challenges of our time, enthuse you? Do you feel energised by the idea of waking up every morning, knowing that what you do, has a direct impact on turning beautiful designs into reality? If so come and join us at Autodesk!
Autodesk Fusion 360 Manufacturing seeks a passionate and experienced Software Engineer to join a team of smart and highly motivated software engineers who support and enhance Autodesk Fusion 360. Fusion 360 is a CAD/CAM software product that connects a company’s entire product design & development process in a single tool. Fusion 360 is a truly integrated product innovation platform, to support companies from Concept design, through Engineering and Production to managing the lifecycle of the product. Our team works with a wide variety of manufacturing equipment, ranging from small table-top 3D printers to state-of-the-art hybrid machining centres that cost millions of pounds. We write the software that drives these machines to manufacture the most complex 3D parts.
You will enjoy collaborating within your team and with other teams, helping align goals and expectations. You will have a passion for crafting clean, readable code and influence others to do the same. You will be curious in your approach, with the ability to understand software at both high and low levels of detail. You will have the ability to research, collaborate, design, and execute a plan for each software challenge you face.
- Develop and maintain Unit Tests; strive to automate testing as much as possible.
- Maintain and extend the Fusion 360 post-processor kernel, in a large codebase.
- Help divide large features into clear, manageable tasks.
- Align activities with stakeholders, influence decisions and lead projects to completion.
- Actively collaborate within and outside of the team, bringing new ideas and challenging the status quo.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure new code conforms to standards.
- Understand, embrace, and promote agile methodologies, principles, and values within the team.
- Use source control and CI/CD platforms such as GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, AWS, and related technologies.
- BSc, – Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science is a typical qualification, but we are open to candidates who took other paths into the world of software engineering.
- Experience as a software developer using C-Style languages e.g. C++, C#, Typescript, etc.
- Ability to write clean readable code in different languages.
- Can explain complex technical systems and processes in simple terms.
- Focused and motivated to drive projects through to completion.
- An agile mindset with experience using supporting processes like scrum, kanban, etc.
- Good communication and people skills – you need to be comfortable communicating with many different people in the business.
- Excellent debugging, testing, and technical problem-solving skills and an aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.