Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Location: US Remote
Autodesk Digital Enterprise Services team is seeking an experienced full-stack engineer with AWS experience to join our Observability Services team. The Observability Services team owns the monitoring platform, strategy, and implementation of an efficient data store for events, metrics, and application traces supporting three pillars of Observability. The team builds and maintains solutions that help in getting metrics, events, and logs from business applications and monitoring, logging tools. You will be working closely with the internal application and infrastructure engineering and operations team to design, implement, maintain, and consult on the Observability platform.
- Develop Self Services using AWS infrastructure for Observability
- Develop a new observability framework and enhance existing tools to support Autodesk application monitoring requirements
- Develop adapters to plug into the existing telemetry framework for efficient alerts and metric discipline
- Work closely with our cloud architects, Site Reliability Engineering teams to design and build software components for the Observability platform
- Implement, maintain, and consult on the observability and monitoring framework that supports the needs of multiple internal stakeholders
- Manage the Event Streaming pipeline written using the AWS Serverless framework
- Manage the Event Management and Notification System using BigPanda, Pagerduty
- Instrument and integrate monitoring and alerting into Autodesk systems to gain better insights
- Manage the Event analytics platform and implement AIOps tool to move to support predictive intelligence
- Utilize Grafana/Influx DB and Redshift to build dashboards to provide visibility and insights for operations team from business applications
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve performance and reliability issues affecting the Observability infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or work experience in Software engineering and operations related field
- 2+ years of professional Experience in AWS Cloud DevOps experience or Development background
- 2+ Years in Python Programming language
- Expert in SRE Skills with Specialization in Observability & Monitoring
- Experience with AWS Services like AWS Serverless framework, Kinesis, Step functions, Redshift, Dynamo DB
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with Agile Engineering practices ( CI/CD, TDD, etc.)
- Experience with Data visualization using Grafana
- Familiarity with Timeseries database like Influx DB
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.