Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk’s Marketing Operations & Technology (MOT) team is a center of excellence for Marketing Activation, Marketing Insights, Analytics & Data, Marketing Technology, Market Planning & Operations. The organization provides the fabric, capabilities, and skills to deliver, activate and optimize Autodesk campaigns and programs globally. The Marketing function at Autodesk is undergoing a transformation to be more audience centric, persona based and omnichannel in the activation and the Senior Director, Omnichannel will play a critical role in that transformation.
Reporting to the VP of MOT, you will lead the Marketing Activation & Optimization team. This is a highly collaborative, hands-on, player/coach type of position and together with the Global Demand Generation (GDG) team and the Industry Portfolio Marketing (IPM) (Product Marketing) team, you and your team will design, develop, activate, and optimize campaigns & programs to grow Autodesk’s revenue through the customer lifecycle. Over time the expectation is that the single channel execution will be standardized and automated. Many of the future campaigns will evolve to being always on, omnichannel (OC) campaigns targeting specific audiences. The teams are responsible for activation in each of the three significant Autodesk regions, Americas, EMEA & APAC.
There are also global teams focused on Omnichannel & Single Channel Activation, Optimization, Audience Management & Operations, Process Standardization and Agency outsourcing. This organization provides actionable insights & recommendations for campaign performance & optimization. This team designs A/B test plans for optimal conversion, builds optimal 1st party and 3rdparty audiences, and constantly evolves Autodesk campaigns to stay ahead of modern marketing techniques, strategies, and technologies. Together with IPM (Industry & Portfolio Marketing) & GDG (Global Demand Generation), this team will be held accountable for the success of the transformation to OC, along with the standard marketing performance metrics around ROI/ROMI and efficiency improvements over time.
- Be the evangelist and champion for the transformation to OC marketing
- Lead the existing teams that are responsible for GDG intake & activation for single channel execution (e.g. email, landing pages, .com, webinars & digital advertising)
- Lead the transformation from single channel to x-channel to omnichannel.
- Direct 6-7 managers, 55+ full time employees and global agencies
- Leverage omnichannel and single channel marketing tactics to deliver campaigns across the customer lifecycle for acquisition, expansion and retention
- Oversee the activation of single and OC marketing in key marketing automation systems and platforms (e.g., email, web forms, landing pages, web publishing)
- Manage, execute, and activate a unified campaign intake process. Integrate intake with workflow and budgets to deliver closed loop performance metrics for campaigns
- Create, optimize, and enrich audience segments for campaign planning & execution. Provide best practices for OC journey design, touchpoint strategy, testing and optimization
- Utilize dashboards and decision automation performance reports to improve campaign performance. Manage internal teams and external agencies for best-in-class execution and to maximize ROMI
- Review in-flight performance, ensuring teams are optimizing to targets and proposing changes based on performance
- Keep abreast of current trends in omnichannel marketing within the industry. Maintain alignment with the entire MOT team to provide reporting and optimization
- Coordinate with stakeholders and experts to ensure alignment on budgets, volume, quality and return goals
- Develop global workforce plan for the optimal balance of insourced FTEs and outsourced external agencies
- Ensure Autodesk campaigns adhere to and utilize best practices for global privacy and legal requirements
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or equivalent degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Experience managing large global teams of at least 25+
- Extensive knowledge of Omnichannel marketing channels across email, digital, social, display and programmatic platforms, video streaming, etc. designed for lifecycle marketing
- Experience using digital media analytics and reporting tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, PowerBI, etc.)
- Proficiency in core marketing capabilities such as digital creative development, segmentation, investment optimization, etc.
- Passion for digital marketing and connecting stakeholders with a path to the most effective digital media approaches
- Experience in Omnichannel strategic development in a multi-dimensional and rapid changing environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly visible and dynamic environment, taking initiative in a positive and impactful way
- Experience with multi-touch attribution. An understanding of the evolving MarTech space and the ability to articulate and orchestrate complex campaigns across multiple channels
- Strong global communication skills, ability to adapt and work collaboratively with people who are diverse in background and geography
- Proactive self-starter and team player
- Strong cross functional leadership and influencing skills & strong listening skills
- High energy individual that tackles challenges proactively and demonstrates flexibility in approach to changing work priorities
- Team oriented – ability to work well with diverse, global and cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing quarterly budgets
- Preference for B2B experience but open to B2C depending on qualifications
- Enterprise software and SaaS industry experience
- Ability to prioritize & deploy Omnichannel tactic in working with multiple markets in a multicultural environment
- Experience working within Autodesk’s primary industry verticals (Design & Manufacturing, AutoCAD, Media & Entertainment, Architecture Engineering & Construction)
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.