Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
We are seeking a US Senior Tax Manager who shares our passion to accelerate careers, delight our customers and deliver!
At Autodesk, we believe “tax is cool”. This role will help drive a culture of accountability and excitement within the tax team. A successful candidate will be joining a world-class tax department focused on creating an awesome working environment that challenges team members to be the best they can be.
The US Senior Tax Manager will drive efficiency, clarity, and overall quality based on Autodesk’s tax strategy. This involves considerable collaboration with team members from treasury, legal, corporate finance, and accounting groups. Providing outstanding customer service to Autodesk global tax teams and business groups is fundamental to this role.
Specifically, the US Senior Tax Manager will focus on the review of tax planning projects undertaken by the Tax Planning team and assessing / implementing the reporting impacts under ASC 740 and income tax returns. This will be executed through working closely with the Tax Planning team including participating in the tax planning process, as well as project managing to ensure all aspects of the project is properly accounted for.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the technology industry, including a robust network of peers and advisors; however, the right candidate from other industries may be considered for this role. An interest in growing tax technical knowledge is desired.
- Analyze impact of the tax planning projects in advance of implementation, with the support of other team members
- Once executed, own all aspects of the implementation of the tax planning projects from a tax accounting perspective
- Ensuring that appropriate advice is received to cover all aspects of the project, including US Federal and State, and Foreign, as well as ensuring all SOX controls are properly executed
- Own the relationship with auditors relating to the sign-off of the tax accounting impacts of any projects each quarter
- Timely delivery of completed projects is essential to the operations of the tax groups at Autodesk
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Accounting or Law
- At least 10 years of work experience in U.S. tax
- Big 4 Accounting or Law Firm experience a plus
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, promote innovation and continuous learning
- Strong Excel and Alteryx skills, experience with online team communication tools (Slack/Teams), intellectual curiosity, and outcome accountability
- Excellent analytical skills, including knowledge of tax accounting software and technology
- Proven ability to collaborate, communicate, and manage complexity in simultaneous projects
- Working knowledge of the following:
- US international and foreign tax concepts
- Tax reform legislation
- Income tax provision and accounting requirements under US GAAP (ASC 740 and related guidance)
Target Pay for this Position(Colorado): $135,000 – $165,000
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.