Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Do you love sitting at the intersection of data, technology, and people? Are you a big data specialist and have experience buildingpetabytescale data lakes and data warehouses? Do you enjoy working within the AWS ecosystem and othercutting-edgetechnologies?Most importantly, do you challenge yourself to make it dead simple for people to derive insights from data, no matter the scale? Autodesk is seeking a Sr. Architectto lead our big data efforts, design our next generation data lake, and help our employees easily leverage data analytics and machine learning to create better outcomes for our customers.
This is a senior rolewithin theData Platforms & Insights team and provides a unique opportunity to drive innovation and transformational change with our employees and how they create value from data. A successful candidate will not onlyhavethe technical expertise to craft a compelling big datastrategy, butwill also possess thebusiness acumen and gravitas to inspire people to bring that strategy to life.
- Understandboth internal and externalcustomer requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale andhigh-performance
- Work with a global team of engineers to builddata ingestion, data management, and data insight frameworksutilizing AWS and other best of breed data offerings
- Engage with the rest of the Autodesk technical community to evangelizehow to best produce and consume big data as it aligns to the company’s continuing digital transformation
- Highly technicalsystems thinkerwith7+years ofbig data experience.
- Excellentverbal and written communications skills are a musthave, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
- Experience building and operatingbig dataquery engines(such asHadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive),database(such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Dynamo), and data warehouses(such asSnowflake, Redshift)
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety ofenvironments, from startups to large enterprises
- Deep understanding ofdata ingestion patterns (for both even based and structural data)and understanding of related concepts (such as data cataloging anddata lineage, etc.)
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Data processing
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.