Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you a highly skilled designer with a passion for simplifying complex workflows? Do you thrive in an environment where you are responsible for beautiful, innovative solutions to important, impactful problems, particularly in areas that rarely get design attention, like internal developer experience?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive the experience vision for Autodesk’s platform by helping us achieve the goal of increasing internal developer productivity with clear UX and consistent Information Architecture. Along with your stakeholders in product management and engineering, you will use your ability to influence and play a major role in establishing the interaction model for how services, infrastructure and contribution to the platform happens at Autodesk. Our customers and internal developers use the platform to extend the capabilities of Autodesk’s design and make software. In this position, you’ll collaborate with other designers, writers, product owners and engineers who are passionate about making the experience of developing on top of Autodesktechnology smooth and delightful. Our team has a strong culture of collaboration, mentorship, practice excellence and individual attention to your career growth and impact.
Prefer candidates in the Portland area for hybrid/remote work, but open to Pacific Time zone based candidates for 100% remote.
To be considered, you must apply and include your resume and portfolio with password if required for access.
- Define the experience strategy for internal developers and roll up your sleeves to deliver design solutions that meet business objectives and deadlines. A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a fast-paced highly visible work stream that drives significant impact
- Responsible for refining the end-to-end service design blueprint and connecting the dots between interactions to deliver a cohesive internal developer experience. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team to define, create, and deliverjourney maps, service blueprint artifacts, and actionable XD recommendations, such as dev-ready wireframes, across the software development lifecycle. This position is accountable for helping the team deliver, document, and evolve end-to-end experiences through thoughtful design, leadership and collaboration
- Drive impact by reducing toil and burden on internal developers. Effectively communicate the future state experience with journey maps that evolve into production-ready high-fidelity design assets for engineers
- Lead customer research and synthesis sessions with design assets to validate assumptions. You will distill customer needs in to a set of capabilities that will benefit the internal developer in the most effective way
- Collaborate with other experience designers, facilitate workshops, lead design reviews and create design documents to ensure that the most valuable solutions are identified and implemented.
- Integrate business, marketing, design and technical opportunities, goals and constraints into design recommendations
- Deliver design documentation for use by a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Ensure that concrete benefits of customer-centered design are measured, documented and communicated
- Champion customer-focused design and design thinking frameworks within the company to make design more inclusive and to improve Autodesk’s design practice
- Understanding Developer Workflows is required
- 3-5+ years relevant commercial experience
- Current portfolio of commercial UX project work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MS or PhD
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.