Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
This role can be in North America.
Do you thrive in an environment where you can work on engaging and challenging projects? Every year Autodesk hires talented engineers to join our global teams and benefit from unlimited access to our technology and industry mentors. If this sounds like you… let’s talk.
ThePlatform Services and Emerging Technologiesorganizationis seeking a highly motivated, Infrastructure Software Engineer to help build and support our entire on-premise and cloud platform infrastructure. Working side by side with engineering teams, supporting daily operations and our long-term roadmap. Does automation and a fast-paced environment excite you? Do you thrive on building resilient systems? Do you have a passion for uptime?Do you thrive on solving a variety of problems and challenges with a creative and pro-active mindset?
A successful candidate has a strong sense of ownership and is able to drive projects through completion. They are well versed in modern automation frameworks that will be used to build supportive services used by our internal customer base. Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful. These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk. We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office. We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to.
- Ownership, maintenance and development of our GitHub Enterprise Server
- Empower our Git/GitHub users with professional services support
- Help to evolve our engineering efficiency by implementing and testing new GitHub Enterprise server features (e.g. GitHub Actions)
- Autonomous development and extension of services and tools in the Git/GitHub ecosystem using Rust, Bash, Ruby, and REST APIs
- Recommend best practices around design and architecture for GitHub
- Hands-on software development for infrastructure that will perform at scale
- Take corrective action to avert system degradations or possible outages from OS and application layer
- Interact and support customer’s ad-hoc questions through Slack and other platforms
- Automate processes where possible and propose new tools when needed
- Engage in technical and architectural discussions and decision making
- Experience withLinux and Windows environments
- Customer-facing and service-oriented person
- Good self-management skills and ability to track and prioritize multiple tasks coming in simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related quantitative field
- GitHub Enterprise subject matter expert
- Autonomous development and extension of services and tools in the Git or GitHub ecosystem using Rust, Bash, Ruby, and REST APIs
- Masters Git effortlessly as a user and is familiar with advanced features such as git rebase
- Familiar with the administration of Linux distributions andsystems
- Familiarity with GitHub Enterprise Server and advanced features such as GitHub Actions or the GitHub API or similar services such as GitLab
Target Pay for this Position ( Colorado): $160 – $175k
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.