Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is seeking an experienced Automation Engineer with a background in building a comprehensive test strategy and test automation framework that has a customer focused mentality to join our team. You will play a key role in the building a strategy and solution to support a new service-oriented platform to host our services APIs. The Digital Business Platforms Engineering teams are chartered with the plan & build phases of a wide portfolio of software and applications supporting Autodesk’s business, human capital and finance activities. With our business model transformation underway (moving from selling perpetual software licenses to cloud-based subscription services), we are making substantial investments in Cloud Based Finance Toolsets, Big Data and Enterprise Data Management. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in building and maintaining automation frameworks, leading technical teams, testing any number of technologies (i.e. AWS, SAP), and be well versed in utilizing modern tools to achieve and clearly articulate quality objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing or generating all QA-related documentation
- Ensuring adherence to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards
- Develops test cases and test data in support of designed solution (based on business requirements)
- Execution of test cases, defect management, and adherence to test schedule
- Create Master and Transaction data for testing needed by other team members
- May coordinate onshore and offshore testing
- Responsible for UAT support and testing production defect fixes
- Attend any meetings as required to execute the project, provide status updates or demo functionality to stakeholders
- Provides weekly QA project status reports
- Working in Agile Testing environment
- Integrate effectively with scrum teams
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an educational emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Development, Information Systems, and/or Web Development
- Minimum 4 to 7 years of QA and Automation experience
- Very good experience in at least one automation tool like UFT, selenium – especially good understanding of object recognition mechanism
- Expertise in at least one modern programming language – JAVA/Python/.net
- Working experience with at least one CI tool like Jenkins
- Database experience
- Good Experience in using Rest-Assured, SOAP UI, Postman, JMeter
- Working knowledge of AWS solutions (EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Lamda, etc.)
- Experience in at least one of the following: API testing, SAP S4 Hana testing, testing cloud solutions, CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in working CI/CD environment using Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket etc. and able to integrate the test automation with a DevOps tool stack
- Good communication in both written and oral
- Knowledge of Robotic Process Automation, such as UI Path is good to have
- Functional knowledge of SAP and Finance systems is a plus
- Ability to mentor, guide, and transfer knowledge to another Tester
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.