Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
As an SAP HANA Engineering Manager, you will lead an Engineering team in an Agile environment and use the latest SAP technology to develop exciting, innovative solutions for Enterprise Data warehouse system.
Through a combination of strong business understanding, solid analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent interviewing and facilitating techniques, you will lead the discovery and conceptual design work required to translate business vision into solutions and features.
Autodesk’s Enterprise Data warehouse system cater to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Internet services enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We use a diverse technology stack such as Teradata, HANA, AWS, Data Vitalization tools like Denodo and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job. The team member will be able think outside of the box and should have passion for building analytics solutions to enable business in making time sensitive and critical decisions.
- Hands on development
- Work within a collaborative, Agile environment
- Provide SAP HANA processing subject matter expertise to projects and implements industry best ETL technologies to satisfy client requirements
- Design and develop optimal code to maintain exceptional performance in processing large volumes of data across diverse sources
- Gather and translate business requirements into analytical applications
- Work with multiple cross-functional Agile teams of engineers, product managers and designers to deliver key outcomes for our business
- Developing our talent with coaching, professional development, goal setting and performance management
- Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
- Accountable for management of the overall team providing both leadership and technical guidance, set targets and objectives for the team and deliver results
- Provide hands-on technical guidance & coaching to engineers in the team
- Guide team in maintaining high standards of code quality and testing practices
- Take responsibility of sprint and release commitments, impediments resolution, escalation
- Hold weekly 1:1 meetings to build excellent relationships with your team and peers
- Ensuring adherence to good processes, alignment with goals, and cohesion with team members
- Ensure continuous improvement over time through process, tooling, and analysis of our systems holistically
- Participate in development and evolution of engineering standards and guidelines
- SAP HANA 2.0 configuration, architecture, reporting/visualization, predictive analytics and data/solution modelling
- 5+ years experience building / leading teams responsible for development, maintenance, and operation of large scale, distributed, web applications and data pipelines
- 2+ years direct management experience
- 8+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- SAP Native / Enterprise HANA
- SAP Business Objects
- SAP Data Services (BODS/SDI/SDA), SLT
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- HANA Predictive Analytics Engine (PAL)
- HANA XS/XSA Engine
- SQL Script Procedures
- Experience with SAP HANA data modeling techniques and HANA Studio/WEBIDE
- Experience with SAP Application design, SAP HANA architecture, processes, and configurations
- Experience with conducting design thinking workshops with senior management to design industry and process centric digital boardrooms
- Experience with conceptualizing, designing and assisting in the implementation of new and existing systems, middleware, data warehouse and production architectures
- Experience with identifying and promoting best practices and patterns for data modeling, and provide oversight for all activities related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation using standard data modeling methodologies and processes
- Providing support on data quality components during the implementation of the solution architecture
- Experience providing technical recommendations for optimized data access and retention for the data warehouse
- Experience identifying emerging technology trends and help align the practice to these technologies
- Working in Financial Services industry and Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent.
- Certifications in BI tools or Databases (e.g. Oracle or SQL) or HANA DW a plus
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.