Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Romania
The Autodesk BID Building Design team is looking for an amazing Senior QA Engineer to help us build and maintain the highest quality for our cloud applications in the Building Information Modeling industry, working closely with Revit feature team that is responsible for cloud-enabled Revit Worksharing. Architects and engineers using our product are designing some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and they use our applications daily to create their designs, collaborate with each other and produce documentation for coordination with other building disciplines, approval, and fabrication.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you assist with maintaining and improving our product and services quality, increasing our automation test coverage, and opportunistically enhancing our existing automation frameworks and infrastructure. This includes identifying current gaps and implementing solutions to address them. You need to be familiar with testing concepts and automation tools.
You will work alongside and support developers by executing existing and building new test capabilities to ensure we ship code with high quality and speed.
- Create and execute plans at the product or code level to test manually and automatically features, functionality, web services including functional, performance, scenario, 3rd part library dependencies, load, and scalability
- Execute testing of backend and client applications
- Execute manual and automatic black-box and white-box testing (functional, integration, regression, usability)
- Execute manual and automatic performance, load, scalability, and resiliency tests
- Participate in software development and test estimation and ensure testing is accounted for in planning and acceptance criteria
- Schedule and coordinate software testing tasks for self and possibly others.
- Participate in and initiate test-plan reviews with QA analysts, QA engineers and development team.
- Collaborate with development to support, test and document features, workflows, and APIs, ensuring they are usable, complete and adhere to standards
- Clearly document, manage, and prioritize defects from multiple sources. Collaborate with development, QA analysts and QA engineers to perform root cause analysis
- Monitor, analyze, and present automated and manually gathered test results and metrics to deliver a quality point of view and escalate points of concern or risk
- Collaborate with Product Support and customer groups to find out how customers are using products to monitor and evaluate the post-release customer experience and assist in ongoing and continuous improvement efforts.
- Actively participate and communicate in all the team activities appropriate to your team’s development process, e.g., sprint planning/review meetings, feature design/story definition, daily scrum meetings, estimation discussions and project reviews.
- Collaborate with development to support, test and document features, workflows and APIs, ensuring they are usable, complete and adhere to standards
- Contribute and evaluate definitions your team’s Conditions of Satisfaction, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria when planning and executing your work.
- Contribute to customer facing documentation such as readme’s, release-notes, help documents, tutorials, and alpha/beta content, etc.
- Actively participate in global or cross-functional QA teams.
- Experience with manual and automated functional, regression and usability testing of desktop and web applications
- Experience with performance testing of desktop and web applications web services and APIs
- Familiar with load and scalability testing of web services and APIs
- Familiar with automation frameworks and tools such as TestComplete, jMeter, Selenium, Zephyr
- Familiar with scripting and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Pearl, Groovy or Bash.
- Understanding of typical web application architecture (data, application, web tiers)
- Fluency in English
- Familiar with architecture and engineering design applications
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts and building or using an automation pipeline such as Jenkins
- Experience using Docker
- Familiar with AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, and Lambda
- Basic knowledge of programming languages, such as Python and C#
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- Have the passion and dedication to deliver highly reliable and high-quality features and applications.
- Self-motivated, autonomous, empathetic, and great communication skills
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.