- Machine Design Project Engineer (AutoCAD 2D, AutoDesk Inventor or SolidWorks) - Colonial Heights, VA
- VDC Engineer - Newport News, VA
- Senior AutoCAD Technician (Draftman) - Norfolk, VA
- Product and Process Engineer - McLean, VA
- Project Design Engineer | Direct-Hire - Roanoke, VA
Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
NOTE: This is NOT an open position. Please submit your CV here for future consideration.
In this rewarding position, you will be responsible for delivering medium to large consulting / implementation projects primarily for strategic Autodesk customers across our focus industries: architecture, construction, engineering, manufacturing and automotive. The mission of our global Customer Success Organization, of which you will become a part, is simple and clear: to provide benefits and value to our customers.
You will be managing consulting projects from initiation through delivery, including project planning and budgeting, project control and status reporting, team management, and related troubleshooting and problem resolution – to ensure completion of assigned projects on schedule and within budget. Your continous interactions with our customers and your role as a trusted advisor will also help support business development activities.
This is a fantastic career opportunity for an experienced project management professional, in which you can have a real impact.
What we have to offer: challenging and rewarding work with our most important customers, a true work-life balance, excellent compensation and benefits, and a close collaboration with international, inspiring experts – at a market-leading global software company that helps create the future.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects in the Customer Success Organisation
- Effectively leading and managing internal and external resources to meet project objectives. Maintaining open communication amongst account team and project team members, leading project review meetings
- Translating project objectives and vision into clear goals for the team. Managing team member to achieve project objectives
- Defining project resource plans, including internal and contract resources. Managing Autodesk and subcontractor resources during project delivery. Working with sales, legal, product management, customer success team, partners and finance personnel during proposal and contracting and delivery phases. Managing conflict and competition between teams and across organizational lines. Monitoring projects to ensure completion within defined schedule, budget, and quality parameters. Supporting revenue recognition process
- Developing and maintaining project plans, schedules, and project control tools utilizing standard PM and PSA software
- Complying with internal reporting standards and practices. Performing project plan analysis and evaluating risk and developing risk mitigation plans
- Supporting sales and business development by writing and/or reviewing proposals, writing scopes of work, and developing delivery estimates and resource requirements for solution
- Developing strong client and stakeholder relationships and maintaining effective communication channels
- Solid professional experience in multi project management
- PMP / PMI qualified or equivalent (e.g. IPMA) an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve project objectives and deliver projects that ultimately go into production within cost/schedule constraints
- Experience with software implementation project management methodologies throughout software development project lifecycle
- Previous experience in consulting or service delivery to architect and design solutions based on business requirements. Experience with delivering software to customers for acceptance.
- Ideally experience with delivering solutions to customers with Autodesk technologies
- Demonstrated ability to review and write scopes of work, project-related documentation, and develop and present presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team of technical experts, sales, subject matter experts, and other project managers
- Business fluency in Italian and English (both verbal and written) a must; additional European languages (ie German) a plus
If you would like to be considered for future opportunities in the Project Management team, please submit your CV here. Please keep in mind that this is not an open position – we highly recommend first browsing our open vacancies and submitting your application here only if you cannot find a currently open position that matches your skills. We will contact you if and when a position in the Project Management team opens that is a match with your skills and experience.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.