- Anaplan Model Builder (FP&A) - Portland, OR
- Senior Financial Analyst, Corp FP&A - Portland, OR
- Collaboration Microsoft Support Engineer - Portland, OR
- Product Support Specialist, Civil 3D - Portland, OR
- Collaboration Systems Engineer - Portland, OR
Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Do you thrive in an environment where you are responsible for creating order and consistency that drives real impact? Are you passionate about improving experiences for developers?
Autodesk’s platform team designs the APIs, services and infrastructure that both our customers and our internal developers use to extend the capabilities of Autodesk’s design and make software. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a key driver of Autodesk’s platform by helping us achieve the goal of increasing internal developer productivity with clear UX and consistent Information Architecture. You’ll collaborate with other designers, writers, product owners and engineers who are passionate about making the experience of developing on top of Autodesk technology smooth and delightful. Our team has a strong culture of collaboration, mentorship, practice excellence and individual attention to your career growth and impact.
There are 5x more APIs and services available to internal Autodesk developers than the publicly available Forge APIs for Autodesk customers. As the Senior Technical Writer / Content Experience Designer, this role has a high focus on collaboration, authoring and information architecture and information system design. You will work with the platform team to ensure developers can easily find and leverage content when they need it, and easily contribute and document their services with ease and confidence. This role will help set up developers for success and increase internal developer productivity within Autodesk. To be considered for this role, please include a portfolio of writing samples with your application.To be considered, you must apply and include your resume and portfolio with password if required for access.
Prefer candidates in the Portland area for hybrid/remote work, but open to Pacific Time zone based candidates for 100% remote.
- Partner with Senior XD and Product Manager to set requirements and design end-to-end developer documentation information architecture, taxonomy, author documentation, and drive consolidation and contribution towards documentation delivery goals
- Craft documentation, guides, and tutorials to help internal developers succeed in their tasks from planning, onboarding, development and while running services on Autodesk’s platform
- Design technical documentation using text, diagrams, illustrations, and/or prototypes to support the implementation of design proposals
- Offer a content design and learning perspective throughout the product development process, influencing strategic decisions across products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency
- Help ensure consistent use of terminology and patterns internally, including platform systems and domain models, Autodesk APIs, and with third party APIs
- Contribute to build taxonomies and glossaries to keep terminology aligned across the company and industries
- Collaborate with Senior Designers, Architects, PM on defining documentation systems tooling: templates, publishing workflows, pipelines, and best practices to enable up-to-date versioned documentation of platform services
- Practice Product Discovery thinking to help shape the problem to be solved
- Join a team of designers, writers, product managers, and developers to improve navigation and discoverability of our products, giving our developers a consistent, cohesive, awesome learning experience
- Understanding of APIs, web development, and developer tools and workflows is required
- Experience working as part of a team to create content design standards, frameworks, and a style guide to help us scale
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems and drive projects to completion. Comfort with ambiguity. A healthy balance of humility and confidence
- Experience embedding with engineers and designers
- Experience with Agile or Kanban methodologies
- Experience with working with Github
- Familiarity with documenting for open-source and inner-source communities
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, computer science or other related focus
- Familiarity with Swagger/OpenAPI, Stoplight, Postman,cURL, Git
- Knowledge of one or more of Node.js, .NET Framework, .NET Core, GO, PHP, Java
- Knowledge of enterprise Developer Platforms and developer toolsets
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.