Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Are you passionate about the value of data, data protection, and bringing order to chaos? Do you consider yourself to be a deeply analytical problem-solver and have the excellent written/verbal, process-diagramming, and communication skills to succeed in a complex environment? Do you have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help others to achieve the team’s end goals?
As a Privacy Specialist, you will help to shape enable the Privacy Program at Autodesk and protect the value of data. Acting as the conduit between the cross-functional business teams, Legal, Privacy, and the development teams, this position is primarily focused on analysis, design, and process documentation. You will contribute to scalability of the Privacy team with documentation and process optimization. Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team. This role reports directly to the Privacy Operations Manager.
Business Process Management
- Map and maintain current and future state processes, data flows/data inventory
- Drive end-to-end process design and analysis while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Make recommendations for process improvements to drive change (e.g., optimize efficiencies, increase compliance efforts)
- Help identify, measure, and report on key performance metrics that demonstrate the health and effectiveness of the Privacy program
- Assist with implementation of privacy tech tools to improve privacy maturity and build scalable processes
- Serve as the liaison between the business stakeholders and technical teams
- Understand business problems and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Dissect high-level information into details and communicate these details in a manner understood by relevant audiences
- Lead or assist in project planning and scheduling, managing tasks and coordinating project resources and communication to meet objectives and timelines
- Work to become a privacy expert, by tracking key projects and timelines to ensure that the Privacy team delivers success to internal teams and stakeholders
- Provide ongoing direction and support for the privacy training program
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize process changes and define impact
- Strong business analysis and process mapping skills
- Experience collaborating with technical and business teams
- Previous experience with Cross-functional projects
- Process analysis
- Process documentation
- Requirements gathering
- Fundamental Project Management Skills
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and creatively, with superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills (verbal/presentation/written)
- Experience with common BPM, Project Mgmt. tools
- Relevant experience in data privacy programs, or another related field
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and a dedication to ongoing learning
- Certifications: CIPP/US/E/CIPM or CIPT or other privacy or risk and compliance-related certifications is a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of SQL, databases, and BI tools
The Ideal Candidate
- You like to get to the bottom of things; you are not shy about interviewing people in the organization until you understand exactly how their processes work. You know which questions to ask to get clarity and are diligent about your investigation before documenting the definitions and attributes of a process
- Have an ability to interpret people’s input and visually represent it in a way that can better align and help people understand how a process runs. You can quickly understand where bottlenecks exist, how processes are interrelated to each other, and are able to make recommendations on how to improve a process
- You are not afraid of documenting your findings. You are extremely detail-oriented and meticulous, knowing that your work will set the foundations of a healthy and efficient organization. You take pride in documenting processes in a way that is easily usable to the larger organization
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.