- Machine Design Project Engineer (AutoCAD 2D, AutoDesk Inventor or SolidWorks) - Colonial Heights, VA
- VDC Engineer - Newport News, VA
- Senior AutoCAD Technician (Draftman) - Norfolk, VA
- Product and Process Engineer - McLean, VA
- Project Design Engineer | Direct-Hire - Roanoke, VA
Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Remote Work Allowed (Brazil/Mexico)
The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move
seamlessly through each phase of a building’s lifecycle – from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and
operations – with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid.
General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance
collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
We are looking for an amazing Software Test Engineer (Automation) to help us build and maintain the highest quality for
our cloud applications in the Construction industry. As a Software Test Engineer (Automation), you will assist with
enhancing our automation infrastructure, increase our automation test coverage, and improving our existing
automation frameworks. This includes identifying current gaps and implementing solutions to address them. You need
to be familiar with testing concepts and automation tools along with backend technologies in a service-oriented
architecture. You will work alongside and support developers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation
systems to ensure we ship code with high quality and speed.
- Develop test strategies that are complete and concise
- Responsible for Front End and Backend E2E Automation of features developed in multiple feature teams
- Create and execute plans at the product or code level to automatically test features, functionality, web services
- including functional, performance, scenario, 3rd part library dependencies, load and scalability
- Provide guidance on best test methods for applications
- Participate in software development and test estimation (as appropriate to your development process) and ensure automated testing is accounted for in planning or acceptance criteria
- Participate in and initiate code-review and test-plan reviews with SETs, QA analysts and dev team
- Collaborate with developers to support and test APIs. Ensure APIs are usable, complete and adhere to standards
- Monitor, analyze, and present automated and manually gathered test results and metrics to deliver a quality point of view and escalate points of concern or risk
- Actively participate in all the team activities e.g. sprint planning/review meetings, feature design/story definition, daily scrum meetings, estimation discussions and project reviews, etc.
- Contribute and evaluate definitions your team’s Conditions of Satisfaction, Definition of Done and Acceptance
- Criteria when planning and executing your work
- Experience building automation frameworks
- Experience with Cypress or other testing frameworks such as xUnit, BlazeMeter
- Familiarity with tools such as Postman and JMeter
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell, Pearl etc.
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts and building or using an automation pipeline such as Jenkins
- Experience with performance testing of web services and APIs
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly reliable code
- Understanding of typical web application architecture (data, application, web tiers etc.)
- Self-motivated, autonomous, empathetic, and great communication skills
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.