Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
Job Requisition ID #
Title: Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer, eCommerce
About the DXC-DS Team
The Digital Experience & Customer Empowerment Team is responsible for applying technology and analysis to improving the direct sales, customer support & enablement, and community functions at Autodesk. Our team is focused on delivering machine learning models at scale and continuously improving their performance.
Our team is made up of a diverse group of people with varied background and interests. We work in a supportive and collaborative way, applying the latest technology and rigorous analysis to solve important questions about how our products are bought and used. Our team members work extensively across the company, with significant responsibility and flexibility.
Examples of our work include models for routing customer queries to agents, designing effective scripts for our support chatbot, and measuring the impact of automation on customer forums. These projects have leveraged technologies such as Deep Learning, NLP, near real-time inference, and complex data analysis.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the team, you will be responsible for the design, analysis, and delivery of data-driven solutions to significant business challenges. Our team practices full-stack Data Science, with an emphasis on collaboration across the company and within the team.
In addition to machine learning and data work, members of our team collaborate with each other to provide complementary skills and experience. Senior DS should be able to support colleagues in both formal and ad-hoc collaborations.
Finally, as a team we strive for excellence in the theory and practice of Data Science. This means that we want to continuously improve our way of doing Data Science, as well as our knowledge of trends and techniques relevant to our areas. We encourage personal development and knowledge sharing.
- Design & Implement Machine Learning capabilities that improve Autodesk’s eCommerce & Customer platforms
- Collaborate to translate business requirements and objectives into problems that can be solved with a combination of data, statistics, and machine learning
- Perform statistical and data analysis and exploration to generate datasets for training, as well as insights for design of solutions in the above areas
- Collaborate with other members of the team to get to better solutions, to improve our processes, and to keep our team at the cutting edge of technology
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or related field We also welcome applicants from non-traditional DS backgrounds
- 3+ years of applicable work experience
- Proficiency with the Python Data Science stack, e.g. Pandas, etc
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis of results
- SQL and experience with big data technology such as Hive, Presto, Glue, (Py)Spark, or Athena
- Demonstrable experience with applying Machine Learning, including both Deep Learning (PyTorch) and Classical ML (Scikit-Learn)
- An ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage stakeholders
- Familiarity with eCommerce domain, especially customer behaviour analysis, segmentation, and personalization
- Experience from deploying systems that use NLP, Information Retrieval (IR), Recommender Systems (RecSys)
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to deliver ML solutions at scale
- Advanced software engineering skills including data structures and algorithms
- Experience with data pipelines and model serving in AWS
- Experience with MLOps, especially on AWS, at scale
The ‘Ideal’ Candidate
There is no single ideal profile for a candidate for this role. We encourage you to apply if you think you would add to our team’s ability to deliver innovative ML, even if you don’t meet every single criterion.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.